PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I finally got around to smoking my Butz-Choquin Carat Liseuse Churchwarden last evening. I decided to christen it with my favourite - Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader. Took some getting used to with the long stem but it was a cool smoke. Had a hankering to see Lord of the Rings again for some reason. . . I am going to have to get used to drawing on the long stem as the bowl was getting rather warm. Any directions from some of you Churchwarden experts and/or wizards?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I have a Savinelli churchwarden but I can't remember why I bought it as I rarely smoke it (like 3 times in 5 years). I guess the key is to smoke slowly. Sip it rather than deep draws. Also, I think the cut of SL could tend to make it smoke hotter than other cuts. The bowl on my churchwarder is not very big so I stick to flakes for it and that seems to suit it. After 42 years of pipe smoking I'm just learning that some styles are more shape and size specific than others. Good luck.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Seems like it may be easy to smoke a churchwarden hot, since the smoke cools off so much more in the long stem. (I wouldn't know, i don't have one yet.)
And I didn't know BC made churchwardens, I will have to look at those.

Status
Not open for further replies.