PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Some of you might remember the time I took one of those cardboard pipe boxes and made a four pipe rack out of it http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/cheapest-four-pipe-rack-ever :lol: With the use of some scissors and a green felt pipe bag, I thought it was quite clever of myself actually, and was still using it until about 20 minutes ago.
The Cheapest Four Pipe Rack Ever!
CAM00193.jpg
[/url][/img]
Well despite enjoying the above pipe rack for quite some time, I've really been wanting one made of somewhat nicer material... like wood or something. Well it took me forever, but I was finally able to put enough funds together to purchase this brand shiny new teak wood 12 pipe rack. It's nothing super special really... ok, for a little 12 pipe rack it's actually pretty awesome :) Lovely wood grain on this rack!
034.jpg
[/url][/img]
I ordered it through Cupojoes and although it was out of stock, I was assured they had a shipment coming in and it would be shipped out once they received it. I didn't have to wait too terribly long, as they received it the following week. It arrived today and I'm quite happy with it. A few of my pipes are quite large, so it was a bit of a challenge getting them to fit well, especially the Nordings. But I was able to get them in there. Getting pipes into the bottom half of the rack can also be a bit of a challenge, but all in all I'm quite pleased with it. I finally have something nice to display the objects of my favorite past time on. :)
050-1.jpg
[/url][/img]
056.jpg
[/url][/img]
045-1.jpg
[/url][/img]
And there it is with all of my pipes :) Well.... the Diebel and the Mastersen were loaners by Fnord (thanks again Fnord)to help me even out a seven pipe rotation a while back. He'll be wanting those back soon I imagine. They're great smokers.
And one final photo that has absolutely nothing to do with any of this post...
Sean Connery with a pipe
ca5a2018f4f23b2e8e5fe27b040146bc.jpg
[/url][/img]
Because Connery is cool.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Very nice! I also find myself without a pipe rack, perhaps I'll need to pull the trigger soon too, lol

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Nice rack Anthony (giggles like a 5 year-old)... But seriously, that is a handsome pipe storage unit. We spend a lot of dough on briar, I think it's worth spending a few bucks to store and display them properly. it just adds to our enjoyment of the hobby. Great score.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Looks great Anthony! I envy you. I would love to have one that size but right now I have like 3 or 4 that hold 4-6 each. I don't have an area big enough to hold a larger one so I have these smaller ones tucked into some tight spots. They're functional. That's all I can say. You've got some good looking pipes, too. Wait to go! It is our favorite past time, isn't it!

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
Indeed nice pipe storage unit. I unfortunately feel uncomfortable complimenting you on your rack. I dont know you well enough for that.
Nice pipes too. Sweeeet

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
That is a GREAT looking pipe rack! And it looks like it's almost full!
But I gotta ask... what's up with the knife? And are those leather braces?

Jan 8, 2013
What can I say, Bigvan? I like knives, daggers, swords... I even have a pretty mean battle ax. Yes those are leather bracers :) I think the wolves, dagger, and bracers go well with the pipes lol.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Pipes, swords, racks. Anthony, your posts are always most entertaining. Next post I would like to see a scantily clad pipe babe smoking a gorgeous pipe wearing leopard skin and brandishing a long sword.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
Anthony, that is a nice pipe rack. I have a smaller one myself (like 9 pipes), and I should probably get another one as I have pipes all over the place. I do have a lot of empty pipe boxes and misc. pipe bags lying around so I may have to steal your ingenious rack idea for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.