PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
Here it is! My first attempt at carving. I have no experience with wood working. I only used hand tools. I didn't do any prior planning as to what I wanted to shape to be which was a BIG mistake. That being said I'm excited to take what I learned making this one and apply it to making a new one.

IMG_20110201_113027.jpg

IMG_20110910_183628.jpg

6.5 Inches long

3 Inches tall

1 Inch Dia bowl

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
I agree, that part was a huge pain to get to look right.I just threw in the towel before I sanded it away to nothing trying to get it looking good.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
You did a good job. :clap: Nice big bowl should make for a nice long smoke, about 3 or 4 beers. :rofl:

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
Thank you for the kinds words. I am excited to take what I learned from making the first one and apply it to the next. I am going to get 2 blocks and go at it again.
I ordered from Tim West at J.H. Lowe, if you're looking for a place to get them check him out. He calls you and talks to you about what shape you want to make and what size and makes sure you are getting the size block that will work best for you and offers advice. It was a great experience dealing with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.