PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I managed a whole 5 months without buying a pipe. I cruise eBay from time to time looking to pick one up and came across this estate meer and was sold. It has a screw on stem and this coloration that hooked me. This was the meer I was looking for

image18-600x450.jpg

I anticipate it will continue to color nicely.

image20-450x600.jpg

Don't know much about it. Only says "Genuine Block Meerschaum" under the shank with a 66 next to it.
Couple smokes through and it has done just fine. A bit warm at the bottom of the bowl.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Nice pipe commanderbragg, but seriously, just who do you think you are? Rule # 9 ring any bells?

Please understand that I'm being totally facetious, thank you.

That's a pip of a pipe! I've not had much luck with my first couple of estate meer captures. Cracks developed or became visible when I smoked them.

One day, I'll get one, and that one you have is just the kind I think is a practical sort of meer...less prone to problems in its classic simplicity.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Thanks @newbroom. It's a dandy of a pipe. I think the carved meer pipes are cool to look at but I'd never own one.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I take it back. I did score a Kiko block meer when I first started bidding on pipes, like within the first month of my buying a legend at the drug store, and it came along with an unsmoked MM cherrywood, and 3 other cobs for 2 bux.

That kiko weighs about 23 grams and it's bowl is a nice large size. No shank whatsoever, just the bowl and stem, which screws into the block, but needs not be unscrewed, if you know what I'm sayin. So, there was that. But I did buy some grecian art ruin too.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I've avoided buying estate meerschaums after getting a couple that had tenon/draw problems. I just don't know what to look for. But I do admit some of the carved lattices are beautiful - reminds me of lace.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some Meers take color better than others, and this one is a beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.