Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2015
So, over this past weekend I decided to pull the trigger on this little beauty, I have to say I was/am impressed with the speed at which Steve replied to my emails and the quality of the photo pack he sent back (This was a Saturday) I received my new baby yesterday all swaddled in leather and Styrofoam peanuts safe and sound, half to admit I was a bit nervous, I have received package's in the past that Usps had obviously played soccer with... Anyway just wanted to give a shout out to Pipestud.com and show of my new to me Bill Walther, working on the second half bowl of Briar Fox as I type. You were right Steve I think this is going to be a great smoker!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oooh-la-la. You sent me to the website, which is all too inspiring. Gotta stay away from there.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Nice Walther. I used to own three of his pipes and liked them all. The guy's a true gentleman and great pipe maker. Congrats! I keep hearing such glowing remarks about the man known as pipestud. I hope to do business with him sometime soon.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Thanks for the buy and congrats on the pipe, onestrangeone. Glad you like that pipe and I was sad seeing it leave my shop. (-;
Walther made pipes for himself for a couple of decades and when he retired from his day job a couple of years ago, he got up the courage to take a dozen or so to the Chicago Show in 2014 to see if anyone might be interested. He sold out within hours. He then started attending other pipe shows. He lives just "up the street" from me in Fort Worth, Texas, but I didn't meet him until the 2015 Kansas City Show. I stopped by his table, not knowing who he was, and did a double take when I saw his pipes. And the prices were super low considering the quality. So, on the spot I commissioned him to make me a tanblast Billiard with Cumberland stem. When I got it, the piece was a knockout and smoked like a dream. I've since purchased two more.
At last year's Las Vegas Pipe Show, Marty Pulvers fell over backwards when he saw the pipes on Walther's table and immediately bought two of them for himself! If Marty likes the guy's pipes, then you know they have got to be good.
Finally, Walther has just opened his own website and here is the link - http://www.walthersmokingpipes.com/

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I am one of Pipestud's followers on ebay. Great place to find estates and many are not over-bid. Got a Peter Jeppesen Neerup from him two weeks ago and have a bid on a pipe that ends tomorrow. I would say that he is as reputable a seller as they come!

Status
Not open for further replies.