Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Well I guess a group of 2 constitutes a meeting. It was a very nice evening for Frederic and I. We spoke about pipes, tobaccoo, music and other topics. He drove over an hour to the Wooden Match in Bethlehem and I drove a solid 10 minutes. Since it was only the 2 of us we elected officers in absentia; meaning the guys who did not show are now officers. We discussed names for the group but didn't come up with anything better than Pipe-ademics and Two Lonely Guys Sitting In A Cigar Bar Smoking Pipes.

Hopefully, the others can make it next time. The folks at the Wooden Match were very welcoming and encouraged us to return with an expanded group.

BTW, Frederic is sitting and I the doofus in the orange sweater.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The one I'm smoking in the picture is a Stanwell Golden Danish with Gentleman Caller in it. I also had FMOTT and English Chocolate in a Savinelli Treve prince and Ser Jacapo maxima respectively. Frederic is smoking a Nording with a Solani blend. He also had a Brigham. It was a very pleasant visit. Hope to see you next time.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Good luck, we got lucky and had 7 for our first meeting. We're hoping to have over ten for our next meeting. We weren't very creative for our name either "Durham Region Pipe & Cigar Club" we may have to work on that, perhaps that will be something to figure out for our next meeting. Good luck and keep trying.

alphaflux

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
United States
Sorry I've missed this thread.
It was great to sit back and relax with a fellow pipe smoker. I'm looking forward to our next meeting and perhaps have a larger turnout. The Wooden Match is definitely the right place.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
There is nothing like a pipe club. I'm very happy I joined the NY pipe club and meet folks with the obvious similar interest in pipes. But more than that, meeting diverse folks from different walks of life.
Not to mention meeting Romeowood.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Keep us posted on future meeting dates. I travel across 78 with some frequency and I can usually tie in a work trip with a pipe club night.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I hope all continues to go well for your group and that more people can come to the meetings. I live in Central FL area and there are no clubs or pipe shops around at all.

alphaflux

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
United States
Good evening,
We're trying to meet every 4th Monday of the month.

Al, our 2nd meeting is this Monday 4/22. I'll be there around 7pm.
I hope you can join us!
The Wooden Match

61 West Lehigh Street

Bethlehem, PA 18018
Time:

After 6pm
Who:

Anyone who wants to enjoy a few bowls.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm looking forward to it, my pipe bag is packed and I have a bag of tobacco jars to sample.

I have the address saved, for input into my GPS. Can anyone tell me how close this is to downtown Bethlehem? (I've been there a few times). I'll need to grab something to eat for dinner before the meeting - any recommendation?

alphaflux

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
United States
Great!
I'm looking forward to a great evening!
Al,

They serve food at the Wooden Match and I believe it is very close to downtown Bethlehem.
Here's a map:

wooden-match-location-600x504.png

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I hope you guys have a great time.
Les - if you go, please post something. That is a bit out of my way but I may be able to make it when the summer hits.
Al - how far are you from Bethlehem? If you are south of that you can also hit Morley's Pipe Club that Les posts about.
I hope to meet some new pipers soon.
Dan

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Dan: I'm sorry we missed you, hopefully another time. I am familiar with Morley and try to get there once or twice a year.
Les and I made the meeting this evening along with John & Frederic. I had a grand time and a wonderful dinner. Thanks for letting us out-of-towners crash the meeting! I'll hope to make a summer meeting when we can sit outside and enjoy the patio.
If anyone is near the Allentown area, definitely check out the "The Wooden Match" a very unique cigar bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.