Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2015
So it was two years ago today that I received my first ever 'tobacco' pipe, it was a starter set, a Nana Ivarson by Stanwell and 4-5 tins of Stanwell tobacco, some cleaners and a pipe tool, had also ordered two different Sutliff samplers and a few cobs, thought I was set for years! lol. I smoked the cobs for a good part of the first year to see if and how badly I was going to ef them up, I also started reading about pipe making and design and when I saw a pipe that 'spoke' to me I went ahead and bought it knowing that someday I would feel comfortable putting a flame to it. After my first bowl there was never any doubt that this is something I will stick with.

I have learned a lot in two years, just enough to realize how little I know!

Happy piping to all!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Twenty-five years in, and still learning myself. The journey truly is the best part.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
onestrange, sounds like a good gradual approach. You started with some good pipes and an interesting array of tobacco. I like that you can be as ambitious or unambitious as you want. Some go in quest of difficult to attain tobacco and rare estate pipes or exotic artisanal pipes. Others do well with a few pipes and focus on a few available blends, all as they wish. Either (and every) way, it can be an interesting journey, and you can learn a lot. I prompt new pipe smokers to buy each item individually, to learn through research and shopping around, but you've done well with a sampler kit and sampler tobacco. So it shows there is no one way.

Status
Not open for further replies.