First PAD of the Year. (4 medium/large pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
The wife and I don't buy any big presents for one another during Christmas, focusing mainly on the kids. Her birthday is in December though and mine is in February, so we make sure to get each other something nice on those dates. She got some fancy earrings this year and knows I would like a pipe, so she asked me to pick one out. I have been wanting a SeaStar since I saw Banjo's and I was lucky enough to get Ygrek's pipe of the year SeaStar. Don't have it in hand yet but here are some shots he took of it. I am a happy guy. :D :puffpipe:

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Yves is from Basel, Switzerland and has been carving for a few years. A lot of his early work was in Morta. He does more conventional work as well but I know his SeaStars have garnered a lot of attention. I found his work when fishnbanjo posted pics of his SeaStar. Thanks for the comments, I am excited to get it in hand.

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
That's crazy!
Is it made of Morta? It sure does look like it.
Having made a simple pipe myself, I can really appreciate what it took to see that in your head and making it happen.
Good for you Daimyo!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Holy hell....
I bet you are excited to get that beauty, Daimyo!
That burner would send me into tactile overload.
Fnord

Dec 24, 2012
I have always enjoyed looking at a SeaStar pipe, especially the treatment the stem gets. That one is a beauty. Wonder how long it takes him to make one of these.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congrats!
I love the feel of my SeaStar in my hand. Yves is a wonderful communicator and is fantastically friendly. Kashmir's SeaStar was the first, and I had to have one too after seeing it. So I know how you feel. Mine is definitely a pipe for intermediate to advanced smokers. The draught hole location requires slow sipping, a cube cut flake, and judicious tamper use. Failing to do any of the above and moisture and dottle plug the draught hole. That being said, mine smokes wonderfully with a little attention, and I love it.
Let us know how she smokes.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.