PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Pulled the trigger last night on a 1979 Peterson Donegal Rocky 150S with a P-Lip. I haven't bought any pipes in quite a while due to cellaring. I've never tried the P-Lip but the price was right (60 bucks) so I couldn't pass it by. Also, threw in a tin of OGS and one of MacBaren Plum Cake. I'll toss up some pics when the pipe comes in.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I like those old straight bulldogs. They've got those classic lines IMO. Hope it turns out to be a good smoker!

bubblehead33

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Thanks boys! I have an Aran 150 now with the Fishtail so it's basically the same pipe but I'm still pretty pumped to get it.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah but now you've got a pair. My 315XLs look great sitting next to each other. One smooth, one rusticated. Heck I think they need a sand blasted sibling now.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Congrats on the bulldog! If you've never had a P-lip before, they are different and take a little getting used to.

I have 7 or 8 of them, and like them pretty well, but I do prefer them on bent pipes rather than straights.

To me, they clinch very well on bent pipes, but not so good on straights.

So if you're not a clincher, then it shouldn't matter!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I love the p-lips, they are my go to if I get bitten on the tongue by the tobacco monster.

bubblehead33

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm nervous to try the P-Lip as it's supposed to be a love it or hate it kind of thing.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I love the Donegal series of Peterson pipes, and they are typically very good smokers. And the 150S is one of my favorite shapes. Good for you!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Unless it gives you the hives, every pipe smoker should have one P-Lip, after that, it's optional. I have one,

and I always enjoy smoking it, but not enough to have two.

bubblehead33

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Finally got my pipe! Ordered a couple of tins with it and the whole thing got dinged at the border. Oh well. It looks like a brand new pipe, props to the people at Smokingpipes.com for the job they done on it! As promised, heres a couple of pics of it. I broke it in with a bowl of OGS (which was also new to me.)
tkWdGfo.jpg
kiDyDc7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.