PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
So I broke down and bought my first Mimmo Provenzano. It's also my first canadian. From the numbers it seems like a pretty small one:

Length: 5.14 in./130.56 mm.

Weight: 0.93 oz./26.31 g.

Bowl Height: 1.61 in./40.89 mm.

Chamber Depth: 1.39 in./35.31 mm.

Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in./20.32 mm.

Outside Diameter: 1.21 in./30.73 mm.
Does anyone else have any of these pipes? I'm curious to see how it smokes.
002-704-0197_1.jpg

Here's the link:

Mimmo Provenzano

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I have a Mimmo morta billiard with a bamboo shank, that I purchased from another forum member. I am quite happy with it, it smokes cool and has a very elegant look. It had a slightly small draft hole for my taste, so I opened it up slightly and it now smokes wonderfully.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
I have two Mimmo pipes. One Bent Apple Morta and one Bent Apple Briar. They both smoke great and are drilled properly. The morta has taken some breaking in due to the morta that was used. I hope you like yours.
img_0481-450x600.jpg

Dec 28, 2015
Glad the morta billiard with bamboo worked out for you Phil. If I had been willing to try opening the draft hole I would have kept it. I still have a Mimmo poker that I love. I think he makes beautiful pipes. And fitzy that is a great looking pipe. Hope you enjoy it.

Dec 24, 2012
That is a cool little Canadian. I don't have one of his pipes but admire them on occasion. Is this the same Mimmo that also sells briar to many artisan pipemakers?

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
Funny. I've been thinking about buying that exact one for some time now as I like small canadians that are lightweight, have short acrylic stems, and have smallish chambers. The chamber on it was slightly bigger than I wanted so I held off. Congrats!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Funny, I've been eyeing that pipe for weeks. I should've bought it. Enjoy! Looks to be a great pipe at an even greater price!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I purchased one of his pipes because he hails from the region our people come from in Italy so I thought having something from where I was made seemed fitting. What I wasn't prepared for was how well the pipe was made and smokes, if anything his pipes are totally underrated and fly under the radar but I don't think that will go on forever, if you see one that speaks to you grab it before the prices begin to climb.

banjo

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
That's a nice one! I have a few of his pipes and have found they needed to be opened and took a good while to break in, thereafter they are great. His bits are the thinest I've ever seen in acrylic. One of mine is so thin as to be translucent when held to a light. So far no issues, though I'm mindful to clench it higher on the stem.
I wouldn't be too concerned about price creep. He does make a line of fancier pipes which sell regularly for over $1k and can occasionally be found at alpascia and other Italian vendors.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Nice looking pipes dcrguns.
Nate I was hemming and hawing over buying that one for a few days before I said F it and bought it.
I've wanted a canadian for a while now. Most of my pipes are bent pipes so this will be interesting for me. I usually buy pipes with bigger diameter bowls but figured I'd give it a shot as I wanted a lighter weight canadian.

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
That is a cool little Canadian. I don't have one of his pipes but admire them on occasion. Is this the same Mimmo that also sells briar to many artisan pipemakers?
Just to clarify, this is NOT the same Mimmo. The Mimmo that provides briar is Mimmo Romeo.
http://www.romeobriar.com/

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Nate in his mind Peck is all of those things so he may call himself Mimmo but no one else will. Except for his indentured servants of course. They won't have any choice. :nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.