PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I have two, and I love them. The smoke great, look cool, and you only need one stem. You could buy multiple bowls, and just use the one stem. Also, you can remove the bowl while smoking and use a tissue/paper towel/whatever to soakup the moisture that collects under the bowl. The main drawback I have is that normal pipe cleaners barely fit through them, so you might want to add some falcon pipe cleaners to your next order(you can get them from most of our sponsors).

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I have three, no problems fitting a regular pipe cleaner through any of 'em. One note though, it is very easy to pack your tobacco too tight. Even with a tight pack it'll still draw easily so be careful.
When it comes to bowl sizes, the "classic" shapes (hyperbole, istanbul & Sniffer) are the largest. Algeirs, Dover, Genoa & Plymouth are your next biggest followed by the Apple, billiard, Dublin etc. Unless you find the bantam size bowls which are the smallest.
After I smoke a bowl I've taken to running hot water through the pipe to clean it. A wipe and a shake and its ready again. I've been doing this for several weeks now to no ill effect.

andrew369

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2013
I love the concept of the Falcon but I do not like the look of the bright aluminium next to the orange/brown of the bowl. Anyone know if the the International and Extra style are just as good? They seem much less popular for some reason.

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
I had really wanted to try a Falcon, until I heard reports of some of them leaking after a while. No one has that problem?
Can anyone give an idea of bowl dimensions? My favorite sized bowl is from .650-.750 chamber diameter by 1.25-1.50 deep. I would say a perfect pipe for me would be .700 diameter chamber by 1.25 depth.
Thanks.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I love the concept and the design, but not the metallic look so much. Something about a briar bowl and shank

just pleases me in a way that aluminum can't. For travel/outdoors, a MM cob or one of the less exalted but

especially rustic briars is just the ticket. But Falcon smokers are a special club, and it's a nifty pipe.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
andrew369.... the falcon pipe of the year 2012 or 2013 is a black and brown bowl and the pipe mouthpieces and center tube is black.

1481b.jpg

Some sites have the hunter pipes (all brown) still and one site, sells an all black one.
bryanf... no leaks and the classic bowls (hyperbole, Snifter, etc) are just over an inch depth. Almost 1.2 inches with a standard width 7/8 inches? I fit the standard wind cap on all my bowls.
Several years ago I couldn't stand the look of them either. Than after a hiatus and then return to pipe smoking they looked fine. Than I smoked one. That was all she wrote.

andrew369

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2013
Oh wow leacha that looks so much better. Can you remember the name of the site which stocks them?

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I have 5 Falcons - 3 straight stems - 1 slight curve - and 1 shillelagh, all of them are estates that I cleaned up. I have never had a bad smoke out of any of them. They consistently smoke cool, and are great for traveling. The clean-up is very simple.
With the exception of the shillelagh, I really didn't mean to start collecting them, but I'd see a bowl shape that I wanted to try and it was always attached to a pipe, and before you know it, you have a flock of Falcons.
There you go, let's start a thread on "show me your Falcons". If no one starts it, I'll do it tomorrow when I have a little more time.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have 3 Falcons. 2 unsmoked:
20130613_184603_zpsbfe27d43.jpg

The Green one has a Blue Bowl Viva the 1960's!
The twisted stemmed one is the Shillelagh.
The one I smoke is great! Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.