Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Mostly I like latakia and orientals, and have not smoked a lot of VaPers. Having heard so many good things about Luxury Bulls Eye Flake here, I added some to my last order, which was waiting for me when I go home last night (one day after making the purchase, with regular shipping, from P&C -- well done). Needless to say, this brightened my day immeasurably. I'm finishing, as I type, my first ever bowl of LBF in one of my cobs. Yooz guyz was right. This is excellent stuff.
I'm not terribly experienced with flake tobaccos, and still have trouble with them once in a while. But not this one. I simply folded and stuffed this into my Country Gent and it was an extremely easy smoke. This is much different, of course, than what I usually smoke. It usually takes me 10 or more bowls to really decide if I like something -- once in a while something great, at first, becomes tiring and something so-so, at first, winds up with staying power. And, so it will be with LBF. Time will tell, but my first impression is "why did I wait so long?"
Now, I suppose, I'll need some Escudo. And a whole new world opens up.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Awesome! I'm glad you liked it. It is one of my all time favorites. Now you can experiment with how you pack it. Sometimes I just fold and stuff like you have, other times I pop out the centers of two, fold one up and stuff it, break up the centers and sprinkle them in, and throw another on top. You find that you get a slight change of smoke mid bowl. It's interesting to mess with.

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
I tried my first bowl of LBF about two weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I've taken to popping the cavendish centers out and packing them on top of the folded flakes. Really nice indeed. I've since added 2 pounds of this stuff for the cellar!
Another surprise for me was the PS Luxury Navy Flake! I had a bowl of this a few nights ago and it was fantastic! Very good tobacco and at the current price it is a bargain buy in my opinion. I bought 1.5 pounds of this as well.
...I have wondered why I've waited so long as well. Outstanding blends IMHO.

rwramsey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2014
I'm glad you like them. LBF & LNF are two of my favorites, and your right, for the price they can't be beat. You should try Escudo, judging by post here many people prefer it to LBF. I'll agree that Escudo is good, but IMO LBF is better.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
LTF is great also if you would enjoy a lightly buttery sweet smoke. It's my after dinner smoke most of the time.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
LBF gets really tasty after a few years of aging. Plus, its so cheap you can stock up on it for the cellar.
I think Escudo is the epitome of the coins. Its going to have a lot more body to it and the Perique is definitely more pronounced than LBF.

schaum

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2014
I think Twist flake falls in line with their Navy and Bullseye flakes as far as consistency and affordability, but I'm cheap and have simple tastes.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
LBF is a good smoke and it is fun to experiment with the cavendish center.
Another good coin that uses Kentucky instead of Perique is Newminster #403 Superior Round Sliced.
It's worth a try and comes in bulk.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I've recently gotten into LBF and it blew me away. I treat mine as redhead does and rub out the outer portion then layer the centers. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.