Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I'm tired of sweet aros and gravitating to tobacco that tastes like the color brown: leather, campfires, smoked meats etc. My bro sent me about 2oz of Olaf's Favourite English. It's a full strength English, 40% Syrian Latakia (or Cyprian if Syrian isn't available), 10% Perique, and a good bit of Smyrna Oriental, Darkfired Leaf and English Black Cavendish.
Man, I love this stuff. It's what I smoke pipes for. Blended by the German Hans Wiedemann, it's a Lat forward ribbon cut that's compared to Dunhill's Nightcap or GL Peases' Lagonda.
It only comes in 100 gram tins and apparently is pretty hard to get in America. Smokes down to a fine white ash. Evening smoke my foot, this is good first thing in the morning! When I'm done with it, I'll have to smoke the rest of my BC-A, which will be like
SchaeferLite_zps63035d0f.jpg

after some
kentuckySpirit_zps3af21b3f.jpg

Still, the important thing is to Smoke What You Like, and Like What You Smoke. Thanks for all the advice, gentlemen :)

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Good representation! LOL

I also am gravitating away from Aro's towards more English style blends and find them much more satisfying.

Still once in awhile though I do find a bowl of Butternut Burley is pretty tasty.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I really like a good English blend or three in rotation with aromatics. The change-up

emphasizes the English blend when I get back to it. Right now I like Dunhill 965 and

Nat Sherman 536, among others.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
If you haven't tried HH Vintage Syrian yet, then you should. There is some funky Lat flavor going on in that tin.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I'm finding myself being more of an English smoker these days as well. I'm really enjoying the McClellands right now, especially the Craftsbury collection. The only Frog I haven't tried so far is, On The Bayou. So far all of them have been great! I also have a love affair going on with McClelland Blue Mountain! I just got a tin of H&H Mt. Marcy a couple days ago, and it's another wonderful Latakia blend! Boswell Countryside is another favorite of mine, unfortunately I'm out of it at the moment. I do however have some Boswell Northwoods that I haven't tried yet, but coming from them, I'm sure it's a winner as well. Needless to say, my aro pipes have been somewhat neglected as of late, with the exception of the occasional bowl of 1Q or Black Prince ( which I'm thinking of changing the name to Fat Albert, just sounds fun and less dramatic).

Status
Not open for further replies.