PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Today the UPS man brought my latest order of tobacco. In that order I got a pound of the new H&H Lakeland Brickle. When I forst saw the slabs of tobacco my thought was OCB, chip board. this stuff is pressed out into about a 7x7x1/4 inch slab and I DO mean pressed. I fit a whole pound into two pint mason jars and an empty 50 gm Orlik tin. The aroma out of the bag is heavy on the rose side with hints of citrus. Being quite moist I let some I rubbed out rest for a short while. I packed a clay using my famous geezer grab and shove method. The charing light left no doubt that this is a lakeland style tobacco. The presence of the rose topping was very evident on the relight. The bowl burned well and the flavors were in my opinion extremely interesting. I enjoyed the smoke enough that I plan to grab another pound with my next order from pipesandcigars.com. If you enjoy the floral flavors of scented lakeland tobaccos then this is one for you. A major plus being you don't have to wait and hope for a shipment to arrive from England and then find out that it's sold out by the time you know about it. Russ has done an excellent job of creating a very tasty blend. Definitely lakeland , without being heavily in your face. If you enjoy this type of smoke I recommend it very highly.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Great review uncle. Alas, yet another blend for my TAD List. Shall have to procure some.

gentlemanjerry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Hey UncleArt - I've never tried a lakeland or lakeland style tobacco - read about them, most say they have a soapy taste. What would you recomend an old (newbie) like me to try - The rose and tonquin flavor sounds interesting. The brickle? Ps I've tasted worst than soap

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I think I may have to give this stuff a try. Now, just need to find it...oh wait its over there behind all the Penzance.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I would say this is a bit lighter than some of the Lakelands. In my opinion it would be an excellent introduction the the genre . I enjoy it a lot. the rose geranium flavoring is present but not overpowering. I plan to stash more for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.