PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Being a fan of the Lakeland Brickle coming from pipesandcigars.com , when I saw the Fortissimo I had to give it a try. If you liked the original I think you may enjoy the latest incarnation. It is definitely a Lakeland inspired smoke. The "tin/pouch" aroma is more floral then the original and there seems to be a bit more kick to the smoke. The look is similar to the original. Looking like a chunk of Celotex. The color is far darker than the original and contains random ribbons of golden strands. all in all I think i like this as well or even a bit more than the original Lakeland Brickle. If you enjoy this type of tobacco give this blend a try. If you are new to Lakelands be warned that they will not only ghost a pipe but give you a whole haunted house. Dedicate a pipe!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
What kind of a kick are we talking here? Is it similar to SG's 1792 Flake or less potent?
-Jason

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Lighter for sure. Hard for me to say as I can smoke Five Brothers while I am driving the car.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I have to agree with Uncle, we had a "Lakeland" Night at our last pipe club meeting and I had brought some of this Fortismo for us to sample. It seemed to be well accepted by the group. Most of the other stuff that was there were from Gawaith. Russ does a nice job in mixing up tobacco blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.