PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
A real Virginia Gentleman will detail the pickup truck before picking you up for the prom.
That's how this tobacco rolls.
I stay away from any ketchup scented VA's by now, but am always looking for the VA experiences that suit my taste.
I've almost OD'ed on the dark, chewy VA's in ODF, Stonehaven and Irish Flake. I really enjoy them.
But my recent revisit to the PS LBF got me wanting to try more of the higher frequency, lemony flavors.
In the last TAD episode, I piled several C&D bulks into my cart, including this Virginia Gentleman.
VA & Burley, with a bit of Oriental. Simple and care-free.
Arrived slightly dried, perfect for packing. Lit easily and burned smoothly. Moderate tamps and one 7th inning relight. Incinerated in the Briar Works Poker designated for Burleys.
I read many reviews disregarding the simpler compositions and, as a natural contrarian, I find them often to my liking.
The lemon citrus and a bit of oriental spice greets you, with the burley well in the back. As you proceed down the bowl, they all decide to reverse order, as the VA lemon fades and the sweetness increases, then the spice recedes and the plain Jane burley finishes the show.
If you like LBF, lemony VA's and burleys, you should like this maintenance free smoke.
GET SOME
jay-roger.jpg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
To add to this review, I'm getting a nice "caramel" flavor while smoking this in my "burley" pipe. I can see VA/Bur flavors combining in that fashion, I suppose.
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.