PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwlinder111

Lurker
Aug 13, 2016
So last night after a long day I brought my old cob out packed a bowl of burley and it was absolutely amazing it was the first time my bowl didn't get hot at all it had an amazing taste and I didn't have to relight it 100 times. It was so relaxing and enjoyable. I can really see with just a little patience how truly soothing this is becoming.

jwlinder111

Lurker
Aug 13, 2016
I have really grown into liking the burley I have picked up and am wanting to try some others and will have to put that on the to buy list. Although I don't understand the flake I have only been smoking for about two weeks now and don't know too much flake comes in like a smashed cake look doesn't it? How would I pack a bowl full of that?

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Congrats on the elusive perfect smoke. That is the moment when we remember why we smoke a pipe. Good thing is through experience it becomes a more frequent event.

I'm currently smoking Golden Extra and I find it to be a pleasant Burley. I'm also a fan of Irish Flake and University Flake. Now I'll have to add some Solani Aged Burley Flake to my next order. Thanks for the tip 1coyote.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
jw', count yourself among the lucky ones. It seems to me that many people cannot taste burley much, and others find it tastes bad, so it's lucky to be among those who taste the goodness of burley. I love it in most burley blends and in single leaf, especially the burley variant Tabac-Manil Semois, thick or medium cut. I think taking it easy usually produces the best smoke, and sipping rather than puffing hard. Cobs and burley just naturally go together, that's a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.