PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

katarn07

Might Stick Around
Mar 1, 2016
I started smoking in February with a handful of CAO aromatics. I quickly discovered Englishes and then the great Frog Morton (and Cellar, and Across the Pond, and on the Town). I hadn't looked to much anything else for months as I liked the sweetness in Frog along with the touch of Latakia. I am dabbling with other stuff now and have finally given aromatics a second chance. I must have a better grasp of packing and cadence because originally my pipes burned too hot, would bite my tongue, and worst of all taste like ash during and after the smoke. I thought I'd wasted my money and space on the aromatic sampler pack and am happy to know I can smoke anything as light as Cherrybomb and something more complex like H&H Blackhouse.
I'm anxious to get the Sam Gawith Best Brown Flake and C&D Black Frigate that were both backordered on my last purchase. I have not tried either yet. I do have a bunch of fall aromatics on their way. Hoping they're as pleasant as Cherrybomb was! I'm finally going to dedicate my unused Viking to aromatics.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I love alternating from aromatics and non aromatics. Just had a bowl of RLP-6 today, yummy roasted marshmallowy goodness :)

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
It is always good to have variety. Try some Virginia blends as well. If you like Aros, then you will like Peter Stokkebye - Luxury Twist Flake and Newminster - No. 400 Superior Navy Flake.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Having a variety of blends is as good as variety of pipes in your rotation, each smoke is a different experience

Status
Not open for further replies.