PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Last night was a perfect night for a smoke. The wife and child were out running errands and the weather was perfect, so I decided that it was time to try a new-to-me blend in a pipe that I had recently revived.

Marxman clean-up
A few weeks back, forum member Mrjerke offered up some blends that he wanted to share. I responded and he gifted me several bowls worth of Gawith & Hoggarth's Best Brown #2 and a chunk of rope tobacco. Thank-you Jordan!
img_20140917_172834_456-337x600.jpg

Tonight was the night for the BB#2! I rubbed out enough for what I thought would be about half a bowl- the family was due back in about an hour and I didn't want to spend the whole evening smoking. After packing it turned out to be enough for a mostly full bowl, oh well. I proceeded outside with my faithful girl Gypsy (maybe a distant cousin of Pmon?), lit up and enjoyed a good 1.5 hours of smoke generation.
img_20140917_173833_319-337x600.jpg

img_20140917_173945_028-337x600.jpg

Gypsy was less than impressed that I was withholding her tennis ball in order to take the picture. The Marxman smoked well; it flirted with gurgling for a bit but dried out when I slowed down my cadence. I think this is going to be a good smoker. I enjoyed the BB#2, it reminded me of Orlik Golden Sliced but it had a tartness to it that OGS didn't have. All in all, it was a great night!

img_20140917_220038-450x600.jpg

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
Beautiful pipe, beautiful dog and a great tobacco. I had a chance to try some BB#2 from the Canadian box pass and loved it. It is on my list for next purchase. :puffy:

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
If gypsy is a healer (cattle dog) I know how addicted they are to retrieving. My red healer drove me nutz. Any way, I really like Marxman pipes. Nice pipe

ericthered

Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
She's a catahoula mix, although I'm not sure what she's mixed with. Something on the smaller side I guess, since houlas are bigger (see Pmon). We got her through a rescue organization in Richmond, VA that focuses on catahoulas in high-kill shelters in Louisiana. She's a GREAT retiever and super intelligent, she's picked up a lot of commands without the need for extensive training. The biggest knock against her is that she sheds what seems like twice her body weight in dog hair!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great pipe, maybe influenced in design by the Sixten Ivarsson shape 86 he did for Stanwell, another pot. What a great

canine friend; so good you rescued her. What an interesting and useful life to be snuffed out. Let's face it, we all need

significant four-legged supervision, more than we even suspect.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I have a female Catahoula red leopard. She just turned 25 months old. I had two males before her. The first male was mixed with a red hound but the last two have been full breeds. They truly are a pleasure for the outdoorsman dog lover to have as a constant companion. She is a great passenger whether it's in my truck or my canoe!

Status
Not open for further replies.