PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
About to light my first bowl! Excited,nervous, and ready! I've done two weeks of research. Time to see how well I've paid attention.

I'm starting with a Grabow Freehand and Captain Black (white) bacci.

Well wishes please!

Fire in da hole!

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
Welcome! Good luck! Like rsuninv stated - take it slow and don't get frustrated. Cheers! :puffy:

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Welcome to the forum! CBW in a Grabow? Can't get much more classic than that - let us know how it goes!

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Welcome to the forum!! You came to the right place. Let us know how it goes!

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Keep throwing the fire to it ! Don't let it go out ! You should finish with just a bowl of white ash. Then drink a soda pop! You will want to start a new thread. :rofl: Just kidding

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
This forum is great and all you fellas are awesome gents! I learned much from all the threads I've read. The first bowl went fairly well. Didn't get burned and the house is still standing lol. Had to relight about 5 times. Was sipping on it for an hour. So I must of been doing it correct.
I got bored with the CBW after to bowls. Got paid then went to the B&M Perfect Ash. The place is a real gem! The tobacconist Charlie had me smell a variety of bacci. He offered me free samples but I didn't bring my pipe. I bought my first MM Cob and sampled four varieties. After four hours of good smoke and great conversation I left with a cool pipe and 4oz of bacci.
All house blends:

2oz of Blue Ribbon ( my fav )

2oz of Old #1

1 pipe

All for $20!!
Thanks again fellas,

Donavan

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Take 'er slow and easy. Don't sweat the relights. Don't worry about unburned tobacco in the bottom of

the bowl (dottle). Don't puff like a train. You want it to taste good. You want it to be relaxing, and you

want to feel content. The rest is just technique and will come in time. Relax, relax, relax. Welcome to

Forums.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Welcome! Capt. Black and a Grabow is a great way to start. Like others have said, don't puff too fast. You and your tongue will be thankful.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
It looks like your first smoke went a hell of a lot better than mine. Lol. I went through half a matchbox and slightly burned my finger.

apiperisdown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2014
elduderino, I can see that you're not into that whole brevity thing. 8)

How'd it go? In my experience the Captain doesn't like to be rushed.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Search the forums for "Sipping" and "cadence". One of the most important parts of the process. Welcome to the fold, brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.