PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I called Smokers Haven to inquire about the availability of SH Krumble Kake. mrlowercase sent me an aged sample and it was exquisite. I saw Krumble Kake listed on the site but failed to note that there was no buy button.
Scott answered the phone and was very helpful. He went over the history of the company and the tobacco. He also made several suggestions and mentioned that Our Best Blend may again be available for Christmas. The question is will there be enough to fulfill existing back orders much less fill new orders.
Alas, whether or not Krumble Kake become again available is still up in the air. There must be some hope since it is still listed on their web page.
I did order another house blend and I received an email saying it was shipped within a couple of hours. It appears that this will be a fine company to deal with. From what I read, Smokers Have was at one time one of the most successful tobacconists in the world.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I've been meaning to give them a try, not only for their blends, but they are probably the closest tobacconist near me.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
I've never had the pleasure of trying either the Krumble Kake or Our Best Blend, but I do know Exotique and the 20th Anniversary are both excellent, and do not seem to be plagued with the same availability issues. Good good stuff. Here's hoping for Christmas! :puffy:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I got a Neal Yarm pipe stand from their ebay store, and can say from that transaction, that they are great folks to deal with. Top notch communication, and care taken in the packing of their shipments.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
They are great people to do business with, especially Premal. Our Best Blend is/was one of the finest tobaccos ever made, but I'll be surprised if it ever surfaces again.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Good friend of mines father used to have those Krumble Kake tins stacked 5 high and 5 deep next to his pipes...

graydawn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2014
Premal and Scott are both great to work with..professional, knowledgeable, eager to talk pipes and fun.
Scott most recently has gone the extra mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.