PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblundon

Lurker
Dec 21, 2014
First off this is my first ever post, and my first restoration. I am currently working on a Medico Gold Crest and boy is it a pig. I knew it was going to be dirty but just how dirty I had no clue the top of the bowl was just caked (no pics of that) but I cleaned that the best I could, next I did a retort and 3 attempts and was all tar, so I scrubbed with alcohol dipped pipe cleaners and cleaned the stem. Next I'll do a salt bath for the bowl and oxyclean the stem. Here are some pics of my progress.

[URL=http://s712.photobucket.com/user/jacobblundon/media/F6D638C5-FFB0-4E5C-9AEE-9D0DB25F1E97.jpg.html]

6965023B-6C71-43FC-8A73-8EF6B067BB11.jpg
[/URL]

kf4bsb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2013
Looks like you are doing a great job! Tell you what I do to scrub shanks and stems. If you live near a Harbor Freight go in and get a set of brushes for cleaning airbrushes. They work great for scrubbing out stems and shanks. You may also be able to buy the. At an art supply center that sells airbrushes I would think. They work better than anything else I have ever used.
Wes

Rebuiltbriars.com

jblundon

Lurker
Dec 21, 2014
Tonight I did a little more work I did some reaming of the bowl, and got the bowl all set for its salt treatment and worked on the stem some more which is the last pic that stem is pretty much all cleaned out now

Status
Not open for further replies.