PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Almost finished with my first freehand pipe and wanted to share some pics. Sorry about the blurry ones.
p1010010.jpg

p1010014-600x389.jpg

p1010013.jpg

p1010018-600x282.jpg

p1010019.jpg

p1010020-469x600.jpg

K

klause

First attempt? WOW!!!!
That is a really nice looking pipe - excellent job.
What stem do you have in mind?

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
cobguy,
Looks like its coming along nicely! You'll have to let us know how it smokes. I'm betting its going to be a great smoker!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Thank you very much guys!
Klause, I have a Lucite stem that I'm going to be slightly bending. It's not really fitting right at the moment so I may have to cut the tip of the stem. Bummer ... I wanted to keep that bit of plateau.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Thanks ... I was just pondering when you posted that. A small round file might do the trick. I need to remove some material down and to the left and then it should sit in there.
Again, I appreciate the kind words.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hefty, organic look; I love the mottle on the rim and the grain. The shape is

well within the freehand "vocabulary" but also distinctly original, doesn't look

like you are "doing" anyone else. I think your selection of the stem will either

make it more ordinary or be the touch of grace. Good luck!

Jan 8, 2013
I love freehands, and that's a fine looking example right there :) Great job. That is some wonderful looking plateau! Are you going to leave it natural? Or are you going to put a stain? I love the way it looks as is, but I bet it would look nice with a stain as well. I'm looking forward to more photos :)

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
First try huh? Pretty amazing if you ask me. My first attempt would look something like a rectangle and I would have cut myself numerous times.
Please do continue with the pics as you finish this off.

K

klause

I agree with the Old Cajun - think on it - that plateaux is beautiful and it would be a shame to tahe it off - you'll definitely work something out. A slightly bent stem - sounds ideal.
I really dig the natural finish - suits it perfectly.
I'm looking forward to seeing the finished article. Good luck with the stem!

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
I'd be in the same boat as yazamitaz ... a blocky looking clod of wood that looked like a pipe only with great imagination and me sporting beaucoup cuts on hands and fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.