PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
Today I sandblasted for the first time. Sand blasting is amazing! Here are 5 pipes I am currently working on that have been blasted. Now to finish them all up! I think I may make myself a new pipe and blast it as well for my birthday coming up...
blast.jpg

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
That rhodesian is on good lookin' blast from what I can see. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the finished results on these!

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
I will definitley post pics of the finished results. I have a feeling I will be blasting a lot more pipes.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice. I love the the look of bare briar blasted without added stain. What type of blasting setup did you get?

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I agree ! I blasted my first pipe at the Pipemakers Seminar before the Chicago Show. Lots of fun ! I wanted to stand there and blast away until there wasnt a pipe left :D

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Love the blast on the pipe with the white extension! Can't wait to see more pics as the progress continues.
-Jim

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
@bentmike, I actually used my father in laws set up. Besides his compressor, the whole set up was custom made by him.

@Chris, ha, we will get it figured out for what ever yo would like!

@Dave, that briar was pretty dang nice, I have a huge pit in the front bowl of the bigger pipe with the white and black stem, but I am going to improvise on that one, and it didnt reach the bowl so I was in luck!

@Lazydog, nice pun! ha
Thanks everyone for the nice words one these, I will be sure to post finished pics as they happen.

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
Coming together nicely!

A friend of mine has a great technique for you to try: Try a few light sandblasts to follow bring the grain pattern up, then focus on the grain lines with a heavier sandblast, and finish with a light blast to bring everything to a similar level. Seems to work pretty well for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.