PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
My pound of Izmir Turkish arrived a few days ago and I got a ton of stuff from P&C today! Decided to post a few photos.
DSC_1105_zpshq6mkcmg.jpg

Got a pound each of D&R Picayune and Rimboche S.J., as well as 18oz of P&C's blending Perique. The D&R bags are in back, while all of the Perique and half of the aforementioned Izmir are mixed in the jar and bag up front. Once my box comes from SP.C on Monday, I'll throw about 5oz of Burley into the Izmir/Perique to round out my Cattlebomb mix.
DSC_1108_zpspuguv0xr.jpg

P&C was backordered on many of the C&D blends that I wanted to try (Despite fears of mold), so I decided to jump into some McClelland instead. I'm hoping I love the Royal Cajun stuff, 'cause I got all three blends in the line... Really excited about Chenet's cake, Kajun Kake, and everything else too. These are all new to me!
DSC_1110_zpsvpjjkz4i.jpg

Some other tins, and my first pouch blend! Also got a couple of my favorite cob, the Polished Morgan from MM.
Still haven't finished trying all of the blends I already had. Now I've added all of these.
Got quite a few Newbie Reviews to go yet.
When do they stop being Newbie, I wonder? Maybe I'll upgrade them to Rabbit Reviews soon. (My friends call me Rabbit.)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Damn fine haul. Love that even with all the luxury blends you added a pouch of Prince Albert. :clap:

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Veterano, young man is one of a fine group of Spanish 'brandy' by the house of Osborne. The founder was of course an Englishman, by the name of Osborne who settled in Spain, some hundred years ago. Their wonderful stable of fine brandies include, Magno/veterano/Soberano. Of the many fine things to come from Spain, their brandy (not by me) seems to go somewhat underrated. BTW @chasingmembers being a 'captain of the black frigate' you should already know this! Being a seafaring pirate an all.

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
How do I do that? I think a few of the McClelland blends might be a bit aged already, gotta recheck the numbering system.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
@prairiedruid , most of the tins I've bought in Spain have between 2-6 years of age! They don't throw nothing out in Spain. Lucky us!

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
Damn fine haul. Love that even with all the luxury blends you added a pouch of Prince Albert. :clap:
Also sprung for some Five Brothers and Sail with the SP.C order!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Veterano, young man is one of a fine group of Spanish 'brandy' by the house of Osborne. The founder was of course an Englishman, by the name of Osborne who settled in Spain, some hundred years ago. Their wonderful stable of fine brandies include, Magno/veterano/Soberano. Of the many fine things to come from Spain, their brandy (not by me) seems to go somewhat underrated. BTW @chasingmembers being a 'captain of the black frigate' you should already know this! Being a seafaring pirate an all.
Not as young as I was 50 years ago, but I try. :mrgreen: Going to have to check on the availability of Osborne spirits in the states, those sound wonderful!

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Chasingmembers, I hope you get them in the states as wonderful is the word!

They are perfectly acceptable neat, but the locals & myself included much prefer to mix with Coke & ice.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Nice haul, Rabbit. :clap:
Lemme get this right: Cattlebomb Mix is:
  • 8 oz P&C's Izmir Turkish

18 oz P&C's blending Perique (granulated or ribbon?)

5 oz SP.c's Burley (what kind?)
It sounds great, and I'm in the blending mood. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.