PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Picked up my first briar today, from what I have found its at least a decent deal. Only time will tell on the smoke quality. Got the stand and pipe for $13.
WDC Milano Hesson Guard pat 1855800 Banded with a metal tenon.
Here is a pic with just a little clean up, scrubbed a few years of neglect off of it. Stem is now the olive yellowish instead of black. Looks to be very lightly used, less than the cob that I started smoking yesterday.
yourphotos

I think I will take it down to natural briar and see how I like it, the grain is pleasant to me as it is though.
Image coming shortly.
Edit: Sorry couldn't fix the picture it is locked, but I did correct the capitalization in your title per Rule #9. L.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
I havent mastered photos on this forum yet. Heck I cant even get my sig and avatar going.

lol
So far its smoked a great half bowl.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Ahha got it all working! Thanks Roth
Thanks guys, after all I have read about picking up estate pipes I was sure it wouldnt be great. Had never seen the brand and didnt even think to pull it a part much less try to run a cleaner through it.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Any idea on age on this guy? I have no idea really other than what I read about WDC.

From what I read I believe its at least from 76 or earlier.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Thank you nsfisher. The down side of the pipe is a very small airway outlet on the stem. Is this something I could use a file to remove some material from? As it is now, it will not pass a cleaner through.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Well this ended up being one hot pipe. Sending it to a friend for a work over. Hope it will be a great smoker on return.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Sending it out was a good call. You could use a small drill bit to open it up more, but that is risky.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Yeah I know me and reworking wood. lol Gun stocks I can do, something that serves a larger purpose and design not so much. lol
Its gonna be great as Im letting him have full control over it. He is going to go through the entire thing and make it as best as possible. It will be fun to see what he turns out as all I said was impress me. lol

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Well, $13 to buy the pipe, and maybe $40 or less to have it put in shape. Plus the thrill of the hunt,

and the story that goes with it. I suspect that you will get more than a (say) $53 pipes out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.