PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Russ said this about Firestorm: The dark-fired was included to give it more body. I think it delivers an experience as close to a rich Nicaraguan cigar as you'll find in a pipe tobacco.
What Nicaraguan cigar would fill that bill? Trying to convert cigar people to piping!

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I think that Drew Estate's Kentucky Fire Cured and Ave Maria are a couple of good examples.
Russ

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Try introducing people to the pipe rather than convert them from cigars. Alot of cigar enthusiasts also like the pipe, also alot of pipe people like cigars. I'm one of them. When I want to smoke a pipe I'm not after a cigar experience, when I want a cigar I'm not after a pipe experience. I find alot of cigar smokers like aromatics to be honest.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I missed pipes when I smoked cigars, but I don't miss cigars when I smoke pipes. Two different experiences. As much as I like cigar leaf in pipe blends, I don't look for a cigar experienced. A good cigar is mighty fine, but a pipe is much more participatory, interactive.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Thanks for the reference - I love your Firestorm!
I was a cigar guy before pipes. I'm going to try these Russ suggested - as much as I like Firestorm I can't do otherwise. I've not smoked a cigar since I picked up a pipe, it seems my palette is way more aware than it was and I'm wondering how a cigar will sit with me now. Having trouble thinking a cigar will work for me again!

Status
Not open for further replies.