PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Seems like a fine pipe accessory is a fire extinguisher, either a small tank model you often see clamped in pickup trucks, or one of those spray can versions. Most of us stay awake smoking, and keep the fire in the bowl. But there is always the cat, the kid, the fumble, or getting up too fast with your churchwarden and hitting the lamp that might strew embers where they don't belong.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I see where you're going, but, here at least, there are much more serious fire threats than my pipe: candles, gas stove/oven, various flammable fluids, and most of all the wood fireplace. And we've never had a fire extinguisher around. Should we? Maybe. Probably. My point is that the proximity of more immediate possibilities for a fire has probably desensitized me to the potential problem a pipe could cause.

I am not a qualified home safety advisor, and not liable for the damage caused by any pipe-related fire in anyone's home but mine.

Mar 1, 2014
I always smoke outside and the entire country is covered in ice right now (that is, Canada, and I have yet to hear about a forest fire in January).

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
mso489,

Thanks for the reminder. I have been meaning to get one. Probably much more effective than the glass of ice water I keep at my bedside table. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.