Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirsmokesalot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2012
North Carolina
Need a little help Guys. Been away from the pipe smoking hobby for awhile but just getting back into it again. :puffy:

What I'm looking for is some help in finding some blends that are Fire Cured Virginia tobacco. I remember

really enjoyed them but forgot what they were. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
I've had hard time figuring out what those stout G&H tobaccos are made of. I thought the "dark fired leaf" often mentioned in their descriptions is burley, KY or similar, but I guess it's possible to fire cure Virginia, as well. And I guess that those Virginias can be awfully strong if it's true that G&H's ropes are really all Virginia blends.
Here's some descriptions from GQ Tobaccos site:
Brown Twist: "A blend of Indian Dark Air Cured Virginia is blended with other strong Virginia to produce a punchy and powerful smoke." - composition: Virginia
Dark Plug: "Made from equal part of Malawi Dark Fired and Indian Dark Air Cured, this tobacco is cold pressed for over a week." - composition: Blend - Virginia & Burley
Rich Dark Honeydew "Made from the classic blend of Virginias (Flue and Dark Cured) and a dash of Burley" - composition: Blend - Virginia & Burley

Status
Not open for further replies.