PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
Six hours with a dremmel of sanding to shape, an hour and a half of buffing, and this unassuming block of pearwood became "whittlers sitter"

bunch of images here
a a side not I used the buffing pad on the dremmel at high speed and it gave me the lovely effect where the the wood that is slightly lower stayed nice and light brown but still got a nice sheen, but the wood that was raised turned that lovely dark chocolate brown with a glossy finish.
also I gave it it's first smoke before posting. Easy draw, nice open airway, really a nice pipe all around, many thanks to Mr Brog's Pipes for a great predrill job. I may have to get a few more of these I really like the way it turned out! What do y'all think?
Edit: I really hate the way my images turn huge on here..have a link instead :nana:

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Always fun to take a hunk of wood and make something beautiful of it. I hope you enjoy the pipe.
Winton

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Nice job...Being "A Dremel Guy" myself they have a bit for carving/shaving wood that I have found to work better and faster than sanding bits and seem to last MUCH longer IMHO.I'll see if I can find a pic or the bit # if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.