PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Well thanks to a few members here I have now finished my Savinelli Seven Day Set. I say "First" because I am two away from finishing a seven day set of Chacoms and then I think I will go for something nice. Either Ferndown or Tinsky. Which do you all think I should do first?
Anyways, here they are.
1209291_205396949641468_1270350496_n.jpg

Back Left to Right: Goliath 121 EX, Goliath 606 EX, Goliath 611 EX

Front Left to Right: Antique Shell 320 KS, Antique Shell 316 KS, Antique Shell 513 KS, Hercules 619 EX.
My hope is to eventually swap all the none Goliaths with Goliaths but they are proving hard to find. I got two Goliaths from membera here, cigarmaster and crk69. (Thanks Guys :lol:) I also bought the 316 from briarblues.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Very very nice. Sav's are my favorite with 320 maybe my fav shape. Also love the stems on the Goliath, it is a shame I dont have one on my rack yet.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice collection eaglerico. The blasts look good together. A set of Ferndowns would look handsome.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
Eaglerico, that is such a nice looking collection of pipes. I especially like the Antique Shell 320 KS and Antique Shell 316 KS. Sorry, I don't know enough about Ferndown or Tinsky pipes to make an informed recommendation.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Sav's are my favorite with 320 maybe my fav shape
That was the first one. I wanted more of the same shape until I realized how much of a deal I got on it. I don't think I have found another in that shape for less the 2.5 times what I paid for it and I got it new.
Thanks all. I really like the Sav blast/rustications with this color of finish. I prefer the smooth rims but the rough rims on these pipes aren't too bad. My favorite is the pot, the 121. Just feels meaty in my hand and I can palm it and feel the sharp edge at the same time. I didn't like pots until I got this one in my hand.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Very nice set. I'd go for a set of Tinkys after the Chacoms. I'm going for 7 day sets of Kirstens(I have 2), Falcons(I have 2), Comoys Seconds(I have 2), and Cayugas(The house pipe of Pauls Pipe Shop and Pipe Hospital, of which I have two).I'm not sure which one I want to finish first.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking collection and congrats on completing it. They are all nice looking pipes that I am sure smoke great.
Tinsky pipes are all acrylic stems where Ferndown is all high grade German Vulcanite so it depends on your preference. If you go for Tinsky, go for ones that were blasted by Rad Davis or Michael Linder, you can tell which ones they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.