PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkimp

Lurker
Feb 1, 2010
finished another pipe. Not one of my best, but smokes good. Its for me, dont want to spoil myself LOL

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
Nice looking pipe! I've been wanting to try one too, but doubt that I have steady enough hands to do the sanding.

thecigarsoldier

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2010
Wisconsin
Nice! Lots of recent talk from many of the guys wanting to try this and carve their own. Wish I felt I had the patience and skill set to even take a stab at it. Very impressed by your work and ability to turn out such cool pipes. Keep it up!

vkimp

Lurker
Feb 1, 2010
I have a cheap small drill press to get the holes in line (but you can get blocks predrilled). A buffing wheel on a drill ( I have the drill fixed to a bock of wood with a hoseclamp, then put the block in a vice ) Sand paper from 50 to 600 grit. a wood rasp. and a dremal with a rough damond stone. Some Stain an wax. That about it!! The dremal will give you a lot of dust ,so a shopvac is nice. It keeps the wife off your back. LOL . I do it in my part of the house the basement LOL

Sorry it was 50 here today I spent the day outside. Just cot back to my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.