PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
I have a question about finding your old post you make or reply to another's post. On a jeep forum I'm on you can go into your profile and pull up your post. Are you able to do that here? I haven't found a option too do so, thanks all and have a great smoke.

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Never mind I found what I needed. So if any one else needs it just click on your name at the bottom where it has members online. It will show your post. Silly me, Peace all.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
This is true, but it only shows somewhat recent posts and is capped at an specific number which I can't remember off the top of my head. This means that someone like me who has been here for a while can't see everything I ever posted.
A member like rothnh will probably only be able to see about 20 minutes worth of posts. LOL!
-Jason

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
roth pretty much has a book manuscript there, just needs some connecting and transitional paragraphs

to hold it together.

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
I tried searching the forum for my own name as a possible way of finding my old posts. Well, that doesn't work, but I did find a post from a couple of years ago containing this story:
I bought my first Cannoy pipe off ebay a long time ago...I suspect 2002-2003 or so but I don't remember, anyhoo... it was a beautifully styled Danish freehand and it smoked like a dream. If I ever had to travel it was always one of my pipe choices to go along with me.
It is resting at the bottom of White Iron Lake near Ely, MN. It is a sordid tale of tragic miscalculation, greed, international duplicity ( a Canadian was involved ) and a fishing boat.
This makes me quite sad...

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Here's what I do to search for something on pipesmagazine.com forums...

I go to Google and type in the search field (In this case, I'm looking for anything with the term cannoy on the page):

cannoy site:pipesmagazine.com
GOOGLE RESULTS
It works extremely well so long as you know what you're looking for.
-Jason

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
I go to Google and type in the search field (In this case, I'm looking for anything with the term cannoy on the page):

cannoy site:pipesmagazine.com
Man, just when I was starting to think I knew everything...

Thanks Jason!

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Looks like a scuba diving trip to MN may be in my future! I'll take a Cannoy pipe any way I can get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.