Tags:   

Finding Somewhere to Smoke

(59 posts)
  • Started 4 months ago by tufftony
  • Latest reply from Olkofri
  1. tufftony

tufftony

Login to Send PM

With smoking being banned just about everywhere today, finding somewhere you can smoke safely can be a stressful
    business. I've even heard that some spouses are so fixated on the supposed 'evils' of tobacco they won't even let their
    hubbies take an occasional puff or two in the family house. Others, less severe, restrict hubbies to a single room - to
    a 'mancave'.

So what's your situation? Are any of you stuck in mancaves? It would be interesting to see pictures if you are.

Posted 4 months ago #
  2. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am stuck in my car. My apartment building is no smoking.

In my city we're still allowed to smoke on the sidewalks/street, as long as you're not within 10 metres of doors, windows or air intakes. I don't always comply.

The university went 100% smoke free last year, so I make it a point to smoke in varsity grounds. Screw them.

Not the sweet, new grass with flowers is this harvesting of mine;
    Not the upland clover bloom...
    Posted 4 months ago #
  3. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

Anywhere in my home, in my car, the break area at work, walking around downtown, a few restaurants and bars, my front porch, walking my dog.......

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 4 months ago #
  4. hawky454

hawky454

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Do what I did, get a divorce! You can smoke anywhere ya want! Or, do you have a dog? If not get one and take that dog on a lot of long walks. My dog got a lot of exorcise when I was married

Posted 4 months ago #
  5. hoosierpipeguy

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a very nice man cave, third bay of the garage fixed up. I have zero issue with it, happy the house stays clean of smoke.

Posted 4 months ago #
  6. aro222

aro222

Login to Send PM

I've set up my garage as a mancave and enjoy my pipes whenever i want in the winter months, otherwise weather permitting i smoke in the backyard.
    Yes my garage is heated. Cable TV, internet, fridge, sofa chair and my espresso machine.
    Plus pipe smoking gives me an excuse to get away from the wife for a while. LOL

Keep calm...smoke a pipe.
    Posted 4 months ago #
  7. carolinachurchwarden

carolinachurchwarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Most of mine is either on the back porch, in my car or outside at work. I just don't smoke in the house. My preference. I don't want everyone to have to feel like they're needing to "endure" my smokey house to come over for a visit. Plus, I plan to sell my current pad someday soon and I don't want any lingering smoke smells to limit my ability to sell.

"If you can't send money, send tobacco." - George Washington

Posted 4 months ago #
  8. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Outside, car, golf course, my TV room, parks, streets. Anywhere outside a sign says "No smoking" and has a sign of a cigarette with a red slash through it. While I may flout the law, I try to be very considerate of others when I light up or pass by.

Where do you live, mr. Tuff Tony?

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 4 months ago #
  9. recluse

recluse

Login to Send PM

So what's your situation? Are any of you stuck in mancaves?

I prefer smoking on my back or front porch and occasionally in my vehicle during my work commute.

Posted 4 months ago #
  10. redglow

redglow

Login to Send PM

I smoke on my heated back porch.... It's kind of like a "Florida room" with big sliding glass windows. Great view of my back yard, bird feeders, etc. And I've got a nice t.v. and internet access so I can spend all of my free time reading this forum :)and smoking copious amounts of fine quality pipe tobacco.

Posted 4 months ago #
  11. deckpiper

deckpiper

Login to Send PM

I smoke on my deck, of course! And, on my front porch.

As much as I enjoy a pipe, I don't want my house smelling like smoke. And, besides, my pipe smoking is more of a retreat for me, a time out from my life. I take a moment, and separate myself from the stresses of day to day life, and I sit and smoke. It is a relaxing experience for me. I prefer not to mix it with my daily life stresses or daily ordinary life.

Posted 4 months ago #
  12. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Heated terrace is my main smoking site.

Recently I started smoking in my SUV. It is wonderful.

Neal
    Posted 4 months ago #
  13. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Heated workshop for me, but I'm glad for warm Spring days where I can be back out on the patio. No way I'm smoking in the house, I need to sell this place in the next couple of years.

Al

Posted 4 months ago #
  14. tufftony

tufftony

Login to Send PM

am stuck in my car. My apartment building is no smoking.
    In my city we're still allowed to smoke on the sidewalks/street, as long as you're not within 10 metres of doors, windows or air intakes. I don't always comply.
    The university went 100% smoke free last year, so I make it a point to smoke in varsity grounds. Screw them.

This is horrifying. I commiserate with you. Let's hope for better days.

Posted 4 months ago #
  15. mechanic

mechanic

Login to Send PM

I remeber when i was young going to grocery store my dad would be smoking a cig while shopping be cig butts in floor. Times have changed i smoke where i want in my own house.

"I'm a kind person, I'm kind to everyone, but if you are unkind to me, then kindness is not what you will remember me for." - Al Capone
    Posted 4 months ago #
  16. seanv

seanv

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My wife lets me enjoy the odd bowl in the house since we are under renovations. When they are done, so will be my indoor smoking.
    I usually smoke in my truck or at work during the winter. Summers are spent in the backyard.

Posted 4 months ago #
  17. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

In my office, in the house and just about anywhere. For the places I cannot smoke like subways I always have Plan B which is King B chewing tobacco or Levi Garret Plug!

Posted 4 months ago #
  18. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Because I am always smoking, I don't go very many places where I can't smoke, so... I can't imagine living somewhere with all of those restrictions. I really enjoy lighting up my pipe in a restaurant after a really good meal, or enjoying a cup of coffee with my pipe.

I've also found that when a place says "No Smoking" they mean cigarettes. Although, I hear more and more that places are not allowing vapes, which blows my mind, but they still let me smoke my pipe... or at least they tolerate me, the elderly man who seems confused that just so happens to be smoking a pipe.
    Even in places that disallow smoking, I have never seen anyone actually enforce the "zone."

Michael
    Posted 4 months ago #
  19. ophiuchus

ophiuchus

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

An out of the way spare bedroom acts as my office/game room/pipe lounge; the rest of my home is smoke free.

Porches? Decks? A boat? Nature trails (the ones no one knows about)? Abandoned buildings ... ?

I'm currently single. Smoking must be somewhere on the long list as to why.

Posted 4 months ago #
  20. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'd have to smoke on a non-smoking nature trail just to experience getting explained the reason. I had a friend who was told to leave a trail in the Smokeys, because they didn't want an animal pooping in the woods... which blows my mind, because the woods are full of animals pooping everywhere. I'd have to get that on video.

Posted 4 months ago #
  21. derhammer

derhammer

Login to Send PM

At home.
    University where I teach has banned smoking anywhere on campus for the last 5 years.
    Sometimes I wonder where did all those pipe smoking professors go. I mean pipe smoking in the past was very prominent in academia.

Pierre
    Posted 4 months ago #
  22. davek

davek

Login to Send PM

Years ago, before smoking bans got so bad, I was a cigar smoker. I was actually as much a cigar chewer as a smoker, I would smoke one halfway down, let it go out, and chew the stub for a few hours before relighting to finish. I remember one day at the zoo, where smoking was allowed outside but not in buildings, rides, etc.. I found an out of the way place to smoke, then walked out to enjoy the zoo with my kid, unlit cigar in mouth. Numerous times throughout the day very nosy people walked up to me *outside* to tell me I shouldn't be smoking. I got to where I just looked at them and touched my finger to the unlit tip of the cigar.

Posted 4 months ago #
  23. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

One of the biggest differences between culture in the South as opposed to what I have heard smokers say about everywhere else... is that Southerners don't confront you. Hell, it is an absolute crime to ever use a horn on your car. I have NEVER honked my horn. It is seen as a pathetic act by more than likely a rude Yankee that doesn't know better (bless their heart). But, they would never tell you to put your cigarette out, or pipe, or cigar. They would just tell everyone they came into contact with that they saw you smoking, and it was so rude. But, you'd never hear about it, till it got back to family or friends. Most likely at church, a deacon or the preacher would pull you aside... But, it just wouldn't be our place to tell you directly.

Posted 4 months ago #
  24. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke wherever I want in my home. My living room, bedroom, lanai, car it doesn't matter. Even when I was married the same rules applied.

Harris
    Posted 4 months ago #
  25. ophiuchus

ophiuchus

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not as much of a problem in northern Michigan ... in the Chicagoland area, many non-smokers will tell you smoking is not allowed where no such rule or ordinance exists. That's right; the antis will tell you a bald-faced lie about it! It happens at the nature preserve just north of town quite often. The Chicago Park District bylaws specify that you can't smoke on beaches, playlots or playgrounds, or in buildings; however (and deliberately) green spaces, gardens, sidewalks and bike paths are not covered by this. Yet, even police officers will misinform folks about where they can't smoke. Private citizens have put up very convincing signage stating places that aren't covered by ordinance or park district bylaw are non-smoking at many public parks that are not otherwise so posted by the city. Things were getting worse and worse down there ...

Posted 4 months ago #
  26. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well, in effect, so do I. But I don't want to smoke in my house anywhere but the TV room, and that only occasionally. For one, I don't like the smell of stale smoke. For another, the one "infected" room probably reduces the value of the house $20-50,000, and it has to be disclosed on sale. Also, why piss off the wife even more?

Posted 4 months ago #
  27. ray47

ray47

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm lucky, both the wife and I smoke in the house. She smokes cigarettes, but is trying to quit and I smoke both pipes and cigs. She doesn't like pipe smoke, so I smoke in my den with an air filter and that seems to help. My philosophy is "My House, My Rules".

Posted 4 months ago #
  28. chilledge1

chilledge1

Login to Send PM

As an international business traveler staying in hotels frequently, finding a place to light up can be challenging. For example this in Hawaii-

Answer: It is against the law to smoke at all city and state parks on Oahu. If you see someone smoking in an area where it’s prohibited, you may call 911. The Honolulu Police Department can enforce the smoking ban in public parks, while the Department of Land and Natural Resources can enforce the ban on the beach. In either case, please be prepared to provide additional information to the responding officer. Violators face a fine of up to $100 for the first offense, up to $200 for a second offense within one year of the first violation, and up to $500 for each additional violation within one year of the preceding violation.

I find myself taking a stroll outside the hotels, or sometimes I just break the "hotel rule" and smoke on the balcony. Someday it may bite me, but at 53 years old the give a f*&$ meter stays pretty much on the low side of the scale.

Posted 4 months ago #
  29. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Calling 911 to report a smoker is ridiculous.

It's also a waste of resources and police time.

Posted 4 months ago #
  30. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Some police departments still respond to "cat stuck in a tree." Many police departments no longer respond to burglaries discovered by the victim. It all depends on monies and what the employers (residents/taxpayers) demand. A well functioning "911 System" is a plus. Some aren't too sophisticated.

A man without a shillelagh is a man without an expedient.
    Posted 4 months ago #
  31. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah, I always thought 911 was for emergencies. Guess the city 'losing' fines money is a major emergency.

Posted 4 months ago #
  32. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have designated one room in my house for pipe smoking. I'm quite happy with that arrangement.

I also have afew coffee houses nearby with outdoor patio areas where I can smoke.

Hell, it is an absolute crime to ever use a horn on your car. I have NEVER honked my horn. It is seen as a pathetic act by more than likely a rude Yankee that doesn't know better (bless their heart)

I use my horn quite regularly to alert smart phone zombies that a squishy blob of biped on a bike is at risk of being flattened by their lack of awareness.

Gunner, Black Frigate. Say "Hello" to my little friend!
    Posted 4 months ago #
  33. User has not uploaded an avatar

bent1

Login to Send PM

Same as CarolinaChurchwarden. I bought a heater for my garage, just need to tin a cable to it.

Posted 4 months ago #
  34. timelord

timelord

Login to Send PM

I live in a unit block (that's aussie for an apartment building) in which all communal areas - including the garden - are non-smoking. Unfortunately I'm renting so can't smoke indoors (it would be allowed it I owned the unit). So all my smoking is outdoors.

I live in Sydney. NSW, Australia. Smoking is allowed on public streets (but not standing within 4m of bar/restaurant doors - smoking whilst walking past is OK). Smoking indoors in bars etc is not allowed. One of the pubs near me has an outdoor smoking area; others don't because their outdoor areas are designated food areas... ...so smoking not allowed. Public parks (or reserves as we call them) are non-smoking in NSW as are beaches; that said, I smoke in my local park as do a couple of cigar smokers. I've not experienced any problems (so far) smoking there but in theory the council rangers could impose a rather large fine (similar to Honolulu) - unlikely a member of the public would dob me to the police though; Aussies don't approve of such behaviour - something to do with our history...)..

Posted 4 months ago #
  35. tulsagentleman

tulsagentleman

Login to Send PM

I guess I'm lucky. My good wife does not object to my smoking a pipe. She says that (most) pipe smoke smells good to her. Cigars she does not like as much but tolerates them because she likes me. The only rule is "Please don't smoke in the bedroom". Not a problem.
    I meet a couple of old friends for lunch every Wednesday and usually smoke a pipe on the way over to the restaurant. When I sat down with them the waitress came up with a menu and smiled at me. "You smell like pipe smoke," she said. "I love the smell. My dad always smoked a pipe." Nice lady. She got a nice tip.

Posted 4 months ago #
  36. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So, it's just a $100 fine to smoke in Hawaii? I could afford that. It would seem that to NOT smoke there is to look like you're too poor to enjoy yourself.

Posted 4 months ago #
  37. scloyd

scloyd

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have an enclosed porch that I renovated into a smoking area for myself. I put in new insulation, new windows and an electric heater to keep it sort of comfortable. Lately, it's been too cold and the heater struggles to keep it warm. On those days, I smoke in my unfinished basement.

Posted 4 months ago #
  38. philairfoil

philairfoil

Login to Send PM

May your chains rest lightly upon you.

I smoke where and when I desire, if they don't like it...let's go.

I don't know how this happened so quickly and without a peep.

Posted 4 months ago #
  39. User has not uploaded an avatar

thefishguy

Login to Send PM

I added on a screen porch to the house and in it I have a propane firepit table for warmth. Works great.

Posted 4 months ago #
  40. bwhiteside

bwhiteside

Login to Send PM

My church has a large outdoors "contemplation garden" with beautiful landscaping and lots of seating that no one ever uses. I'd love to smoke my pipe there, but not sure how well I would be received.

Posted 4 months ago #
  41. w2irt

w2irt

Login to Send PM

Illegal pretty much everywhere in New York City now, and enforced rather heavy handed at times by the NYPD. I was in one of the few cigar lounges last fall and one younger bloke told me he'd been walking through Union Square park with a good cigar. He was stopped by the police, was issued a summons to appear (not a set fine, but 'had to go to court'). Was fined $300 and sat in a holding cell with about 50 other prisoners for half a day because the court couldn't find his release paperwork.

Yeah, screw that; I just stick to New Jersey. I live 20 minutes from a huge cigar shop and restaurant.

Posted 4 months ago #
  42. dethmutt

dethmutt

Login to Send PM

Here in Texas I walk out to the back yard and light up... No worries...

Where in Jersey w2irt?

Posted 4 months ago #
  43. charf

charf

Login to Send PM

In New Zealand there is a push to be smoke free by 2025. Recently it was made law to ban smoking in vehicles if children are in them. It has also been proposed to ban smoking at home.

Posted 3 months ago #
  44. shermnatman

shermnatman

Login to Send PM

I cannot smoke in my condo which is in a 4 unit building - association rules - but I love to smoke in the car, and also, while walking my dog. I have a park within 1 1/2 blocks from home, and the dog and I spend many hours alone in the park, with me sitting on the bench puffing away happily - with dog by my side.

However, as some warmer weather came in this week (finally) a group of mothers with their children showed up to use the kiddie play-set area of the park which is located on the extreme opposition side of the parkland from the area where the dog and I sit every day; for years - I'd estimate at least 75 yards distance between... and millions of cubic feet of open-air between me, the play area, and the clouds overhead.

So, it was not long before I saw the "Mothers Against Rationale Thinking Committee" begin pointing in my direction and flapping their arms frantically. You could feel the vibe shooting across the length of park, and the message was clear, that me and my pipe existed solely to destroy their families.

While none of them approached me from across the expanse of the park, I have no doubt within the next few monthly meetings of our little township consul, the "Mothers Against Rationale Thinking" will appear and demand the public park be rid of the nasty old pipe-smoking child endangerment guy and his dog; and a NO SMOKING BAN will be swiftly enacted without much resistance as a: "Health and Safety" concern for the "protection of families".

I am sure all four of the M.A.R.T.C. members will individually drive their big - husband paid for - SUVs to that meeting, chatting up their battle plan in the parking lot, while their engines remain idling merrily away.

Makes you want to live in a trailer somewhere deep in the isolated woods of Kentucky with your dog - Sherm Natman

Posted 3 months ago #
  45. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

One of the biggest differences between culture in the South

I just typically light up outside and don't seek permission.

I was smoking at the recent St. Patrick's Day street party. A nice lady walked by me and stopped in her tracks and spun around. Walked back up to me and asked where did I get that? The pipe or the tobacco? She went on a few seconds about her late grandfather and how he smoked a pipe. The smell brought back nice memories for her. She thanked me and went about her way.

Jason
    Posted 3 months ago #
  46. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was at a street festival in my city, smoking my pipe while setting on a bench, enjoying the festivities, and it started with a mother bringing her son up to ask me about my pipe. He wanted to smell it, so I let him, and then next thing I knew a couple of other parents were bringing their brats up to me to smell. I was tempted to just stick the pipe in my pocket and walk away. I was berated by sticky handed little brats asking me things I couldn't understand from their candy encrusted faces.
    In reflection it was pretty cool, and I now always smoke my pipe at the local outdoor concerts, and I never fail to get my picture taken setting in my lawn chair and straw hat with my pipe for the local rag and emails.

There is something about lighting up my pipe... it always draws people to talk to me at a time when I would rather not take my pipe out of my mouth. And, no matter how curmudgeon-like I get, they just smile and talk away. In New Orleans, I had people confessing shit to me, and in Asheville, NC, people just expected me to know local politics when I was smoking my pipe. I have always thought that it would make a great detective character for a book. Every time he lights his pipe, people stop to talk to him and he comes one step closer to solving the crime.

But, my wife says that I get anti-social when I smoke... I tell them over and over, I don't like removing my damned pipe to talk when smoking. LEAVE ME ALONE!!! Ha ha

Posted 3 months ago #
  47. User has not uploaded an avatar

e7cliff

Login to Send PM

My house, my rules, I smoke in the house outside if I can't smoke there I stay away

Posted 3 months ago #
  48. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just for sport, here some generalities, probably some true, some false. Just for discussion. Areas patrolled by city or town police, not good; they're bored and will take up your smoking. Parks and other areas patrolled by park rangers, likewise, no go. Collective residences like apartments, townhouses, and such, probably trouble unless you carefully stake out the rules. Likewise establish rules on work places, campuses, promenades, waterfronts, etc. Many places where people are in motion are less problematical because people don't have the time to get troubled and talk at you. Medical facilities of every kind, assisted living and such, probably categorically no. Use of oxygen and flammables make this legit. Hotels, motels, and b&b's and other transit lodgings mostly don't want you smoking in the rooms and may charge you if they have to deodorize a room, however many have pleasant sheltered outdoor places that are provided for smoking, since it's good for business. Anywhere you can find mostly empty sidewalk areas, and you keep walking, the chances of being confronted are fairly remote.

Posted 3 months ago #
  49. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'b be very curious as to whether anyone just walking around with a pipe clenched, with no visible billows of smoke coming off of them has ever had the police say anything to them, besides, "Hello." I've always just had the "if I look like I know what I am doing" mentality, and have never had that happen. But, if someone is all shaky, fiddling with their tamp, and/or big clouds of smoke, or otherwise being obnoxious... Police tend to have their eye out for runners or hiders.
    Ultimately, if I lived somewhere full of people making rules like this, I'd move. We have lots of problems in Alabama, but at least we can smoke while soaking in our problems, ha ha. And, watch football.

Posted 3 months ago #
  50. bnichols23

Bill Nichols

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Like Matt (c'churchwarden) I do mine outside. Also in my car, of course. At 67 I don't plan on moving again, but old-whats's-her-name & I neither want the house stunk up, & I'm quite content to be on the porches or outside the garage. If it gets cold (35° or less) I'll put on my jacket. I like full Englishes as well as my aromatics, so if I were to do it inside the place would smell like a cigar store. (And yeah, I'll smoke in my local B&M too. For some odd reason they don't seem to mind, especially on Saturdays during football season. -evyl grin-)

Bill

Head Black Frigate keelhauler, boss powder monkey, & troublemaker 1st class.
    Posted 3 months ago #
  51. didimauw

didimauw

Mod

Login to Send PM

Truly, there in nowhere to smoke.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    Posted 3 months ago #
  52. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'b be very curious as to whether anyone just walking around with a pipe clenched, with no visible billows of smoke coming off of them has ever had the police say anything to them, besides, "Hello." I've always just had the "if I look like I know what I am doing" mentality, and have never had that happen. But, if someone is all shaky, fiddling with their tamp, and/or big clouds of smoke, or otherwise being obnoxious... Police tend to have their eye out for runners or hiders.

Things are different where you don't live, Cosmic. And they keep getting worse.

I see your point and it's kinda confirmed by the fact that when I was sitting in one of the smoking areas at university, over a year ago, a security guard walked by and complimented me with a 'that pipe smells very nice' comment and smile.

Fast forward to to-day and it's time for my point to be ratified: that same guard would give me heck and a cease and desist order because the varsity went smoke-free last August. (Clever move: they made the change when there were no students around who'd make a stink. We were all greeted with 'Now that's a breath of fresh air!' BS posters announcing the change plastered all over campus.)

As for police, Bill C-46 has changed matters. They can stopp you whenever they feel like it, and demand you take an alcohol/drug test. You no longer have to be driving poorly or recklessly, if they feel like they have 'reasonable grounds to suspect you're DUI' they will pull you over and if you refuse the test you'll be charged, licence suspended, and what not. (Draconian driving while impaired laws). If cops see you clenching and driving, they may just pull you over and bend you over, with the excuse that you might be smoking pot.

Posted 3 months ago #
  53. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

'reasonable grounds

That's what is called "probable cause" so you do still have to make a mistake, reckless or otherwise, while operating your vehicle in order to be pulled over. If there is no probable cause in the statute any higher court would invalidate the arrest. Your hyperbole is noted but, facts are important also. I write this thinking you are residing in the US. Numerous US Supreme Court citations, Federal and probably in your own state, citing the need for "probable cause" before an arrest may be made.

Posted 3 months ago #
  54. jrenko

jrenko

Login to Send PM

In my apartment, car or outside. No rules can stop me from enjoying my pipe

Posted 3 months ago #
  55. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I write this thinking you are residing in the US.

Nope. I'm in Canada. Big difference.

Posted 3 months ago #
  56. User has not uploaded an avatar

occa

Login to Send PM

Yard and garage. Our city has a no smoking ordinance but it doesn't apply if you are on your property and there is no penalty off your property so it's just a suggestion.

Posted 3 months ago #
  57. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Manners help a lot. If you don't get upwind of a childrens' birthday party or decide to light up while others are sitting down to their expensive white table cloth restaurant meal, it helps a lot. Good manners might occasionally get you by in a designated no smoking area if you don't smoke up the bystanders. In the world of people yelling at their cell phones in airport waiting areas, the idea that there are other sentient people in the world is a startling revelation to many.

Posted 3 months ago #
  58. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Big difference.

Yes indeed! One I carefully consider each time I cross the border. Still a great, big beautiful country with, by and large, a friendly bunch of folk to share a pint with. I can really only address Canada west of Saskatoon though. Never been east.

Posted 3 months ago #
  59. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm just a wee bit SE of Saskatoon: Regina.

Beautiful country indeed. I wouldn't trade it for any other. Which is why I find it so depressing and enraging to watch it going to the dogs being thrown to the dogs by a bunch of morons. Ah, but I verge on the political. I need to control myself... where's my pipe?

Posted 3 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jaytex969, alaskanpiper, olkofri, jojoc, railman, jdhowe75, laniromee, ray47, supdog, oldgeezersmoker, donjgiles, cachimbero