Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This isn't a brand new piece, but chances are almost none of the current gang has seen it, but first, the back-story.
Sykes Wilford, the owner of SmokingPipes.com, and I became friends in the Spring of 2010.
In the Summer of 2010, July to be exact, we took a trip to Denmark together. Part of the trip included going to the Mac Baren and Orlik factories. It was a total blast and way more happened than what you see on the videos.
While we were making an hour or so drive to our next destination, we started talking and realized we were thinking the same thing.
We started taking notes in the car and then jointly wrote this piece when we arrived at the hotel. As we were writing it, Sykes took out an unopened 10-year old tin of Escudo and we smoked it up. I offer you the brief, and hopefully entertaining jointly written article by Sykes Wilford and I.
Finals of the Tobacco World Cup

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
He was actually rubbing his hands together like a mad scientist, Sean.
I purposely didn't take a picture of the cutest girl in the factory as I didn't want her to think I was gawking, even though I was.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Kevin,

Don't worry, the pretty girl knew all the time that you were gawking. What you didn't tell us is how long it took you to get her email address!!!!

Great story, you're living the dream pal. :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.