PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I can't believe this. I've tried to outbid for several pipes for the past five days and came within dollars of winning but lost out. Just awhile ago just for the heck of it, I bid on a 2004 Dunhill AMBER ROOT Classic Billiard English Estate Pipe the final seconds not thinking I'd win anyway but did!! I was shocked as I figured someone would way out bid me so it was sort of a game. Now, it seems I have my first Dunhill. Hope I did the right thing. :) I had wanted an Upshall but lost two of them. Well, this is a good replacement and it's only money. 8)
T2eC16VHJFoE9nh6oVcDBP3YlDzt60_12.jpg

T2eC16JyME9s5qF2OBBP3Y8mRvQ60_12.jpg

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I really didn't expect to win. I was just fooling around. Maybe that's what I should have done when I tried to get the Upshall the other day. I know little about the Dunill other than what I've read but I know it'll be a good smoker. According to the description it ran like this... "Markings: On the left of the shank is stamped shape 3103 next to DUNHILL and on the right is AMBER ROOT over MADE IN ENGLAND04. The markings are all perfectly crisp. This pipe also comes with a DUNHILL pipe sock and box to protect your investment."

bigmike

Apr 24, 2012
Congratulations, it's a beauty.
And, thanks for outbidding me so I can keep my PAD funds intact..... :D

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
And, thanks for outbidding me so I can keep my PAD funds intact.....
bigmike-I never would have bid on that pipe had I known you had too. :? I figured someone probably bid more than me but I just had to play along anyway and got shocked that I'd won it.
Al-According to the description, it's suppose to be a 2004 version but it doesn't matter to me about it's age as long as it's a good smoker.
Thanks for the congrats, everyone. This PAD syndrome can be another another addiction, I've found.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Cool pipe my friend. I havent been able to snag a Dunhill as of yet, but I will keep trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.