PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinbird

Lurker
Feb 16, 2017
Although the pouch note was a bit off-putting at first due to my aromatic endeavors, I must say that I'm quite taken with Balkan and enjoy it in my Dr. Grabow Freehand estate along with a cup of coffee :). So much easier to pack and keep lit compared to the wetter aromatics (by golly you folks were right). So far I've tried Britt's Balkan and Western Sunrise and they are both becoming good friends.

Jan 8, 2013
I remember the first time I took a whiff of a balkan blend. It went something like this... 8O :!: :!: :? but soon was followed by :puffy: Try McClelland Balkan Blue. It's one of my favorites.

tinbird

Lurker
Feb 16, 2017
Thanks guys, yeah that first whiff almost spun my head and think cute redhead women with australian accents weren't my favorite. Sure glad i persevered LOL. Will have to give that McClelland Balkan Blue a go, thanks for the tip ar74.
Tb

exterminatewho

Might Stick Around
Apr 15, 2017
I really like latakia, but I haven't tried at balkan blends yet. Is Balkan Sasieni any good? i've been eyeing them this month and plan on picking up a few tins. I figure if I like latakia (enjoyed Nightcap, Dark English, Proper english...) I'd like balkan blends in general. really enjoy the smokiness from latakia.

exterminatewho

Might Stick Around
Apr 15, 2017
Thanks guys, yeah that first whiff almost spun my head and think cute redhead women with australian accents weren't my favorite. Sure glad i persevered LOL. Will have to give that McClelland Balkan Blue a go, thanks for the tip ar74.
Tb
What about cute redheads with scottish accents? do anything for you? (doctor who reference)

tinbird

Lurker
Feb 16, 2017
Oh cute women with Scottish accents are right up there too LOL :)
Thanks for the additional suggestions, living in Canada, I have to limit my orders to under 7 oz. in hopes of avoiding excessive duty charges. But researching and deciding is part of the fun.

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
I highly advise you explore GLP's many Balkan blends. None better IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.