PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
Well after three failed jobs in the aerospace world this year I think it’s time to reconsider my career path... does anyone have any suggestions?

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
Disabled vet who has been building aerospace and military toys for the last decade. But this year has been rough, 3 layoffs from 3 different aerospace companies in one year is a bit much. I grew up in the space hardware world, but after this year i think its time to look somewhere else.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Good friend built rocket engines for NASA, came into the chemical and refining industry, check the oil industry out, energy will be a big boon in US. The old cajun

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Where are you located? I work in the electrical power generating business. There is always a demand for skilled labor in this industry. There are some local college 2 year programs specifically set up to provide qualified applicants for these type of jobs. Check out something like this Chattanooga State TVA just hired the entire last class.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I worked in manufacturing for 18 years and finally had enough of the slow downs, layoffs, economy dictating orders, etc. and went back to school for my nursing degree. I love the many areas you can get into that's related to nursing and as a male, every position I've applied for has hired me. Two years of school and if you're with the VA, it's just that much better. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.