Finally, the Proof We've All Been Waiting For!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I would like to direct your attention to page 48 of the July 2018 Pipes and Cigars catalog: "Just because you're looking to buy a new pipe at a reasonable price doesn't mean you have to get an unattractive pipe that's poorly engineered - treat yourself to a Crown." There you go. A pipe that is engineered, and by implication, well engineered at that. If you can't trust advertising copy, what, I ask, can you trust?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Well, here it is, but if you look at page 10, it says, "Borkum Riff : Always Seen In The Best Of Circles". :rofl:
20180704_222044.jpg

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
What do you mean? A bonfire usually is a circle!
(I do confess to BR Bourbon flavor being an occasional guilty pleasure. I like the taste, when I can tiptoe my way around the bite.)

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I noticed their "sandblast" looks suspiciously like rustication. But I'm not talking looks here. I'm talking engineering.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That black one doesn't look too bad. May have to get one just to see what it's like.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Don't know, but someone on the boards maybe has tried one and could weigh in. I was pleasantly surprised by the Decatur branded pipe I bought for cheap two or three years ago, and Lord knows it ain't much in the looks department.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Duane, I was ribbing Anthony about the engineers thing, because he said he looked at them and thought he hated them. We just got out of synch with our banter.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
"Who makes those?"
You know, I'm not sure. The style doesn't jump out as something from a major maker I've seen before, like Kaywoodie or something like that. It has some of the gnarliest, deep, bark-like blast I've ever seen, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.