PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
This week I bought two pipes, the Chacom and yesterday a Pete Donegal 106. My collection is now complete, with no holes in the line-up. I am a very happy man. So here is the list.
For Lats: Don Florian Fan with plateau, Comoy Freehand Bulldog.

For Ky: Large Moretti bent Dublin with plateau, Don Florian thick-walled straight Dublin with plateau.

For pure Va: Radice Rind straight billiard (red stain).

For S.G. Navy Flake: Don Carlos black rustic straight billiard.

For Va/Per: Chacom straight panelled billiard

For Lakeland blends: Peterson Donegal Rocky 106

Misc (of late, S.G. Chocolate Flake): Vauen Firenzi 562.
It took me quite a while to get all these but I have a real sense that unless anything untoward happens, this should do me well for years to come. I have three other pipes in need of a home and another one in need of some work from an experienced pipe-maker, but I feel that what I have 'on the rack' (I don't have a rack) is certainly good enough for me. It's too early to make this comment with the new acquisitions but every time I smoke the others, there is a moment when I look at it and think to myself "This is a really nice pipe". I would say that unless one has that, one is smoking the wrong pipes.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Bowing to peer pressure, her is a hastily taken picture.

http://pipesmagazine.com/members/thehappypiper/album/picture/12428

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Thank you all. I have spent the last hour or so doing a better job of photographing the straights. Please visit my album to view at your leisure.

Happy smoking!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Fabulous collection, my friend. But you definitely need a rack.
Hit the Bay. You can find one down and dirty for ten to fifteen bucks plus shipping.
That would be money well spent.
Fnord

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's true, you have pipes to last most of a lifetime. I know of very few Forums members who can quit at that

point, but if you have the restraint and perspective to do it, I don't think you'll ever "need" another pipe, or

not for many, many years. Either way, happy, happy smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.