PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Ive been a Va and VaPer fan for so long...then I had macbarens ODF...and hated it....then had a taste of another dark flake and fell in love... now this one is on 'the list'

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Yep, it's a pretty good smoke. I've had some tins sitting around for months while I finished out other blends. I finally popped a tin last week and am enjoying it very much. I'll pick up a couple more tins down the road.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Lmao... honestly. .2 tins will last a few months as I do smoke other blends...
Good Zing Jordan...hahahaha

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
That BCDF is some good stuff. I got two tins in yesterday and will have another five tomorrow. That'll hold me over for some time because I smoke plenty of other blends.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
.then I had macbarens ODF...and hated it
Lol yeah I'd gotten a pound and 300gms of ODF before I tried it, the first time I tried it from the pound of ready rubbed I got I was like meh, shit I've got alot of this stuff, and then after a week in a mason jar I'm really liking it. I'm hoping I like erinmore flake as I have 14 tins of it.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Id crack one if you can jar it...cubed and dried mine for 4 hours. ..smoked great...

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
BCDF, luxury flake, and Klondike Gold are amongst my favorite tobaccos. For me astley 44 was a let down. I finished the tin, and wasn't impressed. Your tastes may be different though. A lot love it.

B

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I tried the BCDF and thought it was just ok. I liked Astley's 44 better. Although straight VAs are lost on me, I find them flat. It may be that I don't have a refined palate enough to appreciate them, but that's just where I am with them right now.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I was interested in trying Peter H's Strong Dark flake, right up until about 2 weeks ago when someone mentioned of the anise taste it has....Uh, no thanks. I can't stand anything that tastes like licorice. One more crossed off my list to NOT hunt down.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
Heinrich's Dark Strong definitely has a very high anise content. The tin note doesn't really give an indication of exactly how strong it is, smells more like cookies than anything, but when you smoke it the anise really kicks you in the face. Does odd things to my tongue too, somewhere between a tingle and a spasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.