PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodsmokejd

Lurker
Dec 26, 2013
With the temp 42 degrees, cloudy, outside fire place going and great county music and a glass of whiskey. I sit outside of my house listening to the fire crackle. Smoking a mild Texas blend in my first pipe (corn pipe I bought cheap) and loving every minute of it. I think I am hooked. Now to save up for a really good pipe!!! Thanks guys for all the tips... Bye bye cigars
Thread title fixed.
Please see rule 9 here along with the rest of the forum rules

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
sounds like a great time! Enjoy and have a drink for everyone on the forum!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome, goodsmoke. Welcome aboard. I'm one of the Forum's pipe smokers who shops a lot

for good quality new pipes at reasonable prices, so let me know if I (we) can be of help on that.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Briar. You'll find there's a lot more variety in pipe tobacco than in cigars. There's a lot to choose from. You can get a great pipe for around a hundred from Stanwell, Peterson or Savinelli. Cheers,

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Welcome and congrats! I came from the cigar side also ... never looked back!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
(corn pipe I bought cheap) and loving every minute of it
Don't write off the beloved MM COB. There are those of us out there that love, and smoke them almost exclusively...

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Just get a bunch of cobs from Aristocob.com and spend your money figuring out your favorite tobaccos, really good pipes do not enhance the experience nearly as much as figuring your tobacco out, besides there are fantastic pipes already, which outperform the majority of briars out there for low cost. To this day, even though I have a few quality briars, I still smoke mostly corn cobs, mostly due to how easy they are to smoke, how cool they smoke, and how little maintenance they have, or care you have to show them. Send me a pm if you really want to know a lot about the various kinds of them, right now I recommend for starters the Morgan, Diplomat, and The General,to really get all the size variations. Morgan is a small nose warmer with a wider bowl diameter than their other small pipes, Diplomat is a medium pipe, and The General is as big as they come before you need special skills to use the pipe.
Cobs are not disposable pipes as many say, my oldest one is 3-4 years and shows no signs of giving up any time soon, never burned one out.

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I also came from the cigar side about 10 years ago. Please feel free to ignore the standard beginner suggestions for pipe tobacco. If you've smoked more robust cigars, then you can handle (and probably want) the more potent and fuller flavored pipe tobaccos.
Welcome to a hobby that should only cost pennies a smoke but somehow never does.

Status
Not open for further replies.