Finally got Some Jars! My First Jarring Session.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
After reading about jarring and cellaring a bunch here, I finally broke down and bought some small jars yesterday. I usually have one tin open and two tobacco canisters open but thanks to TAD I have an abundance of tobaccos I wanted to try. I usually waited until one was finished, but I think it's time to try them and not wait lol. Anyway, I give you my first jarring attempt pictures.

I tried Gas Light last night and it was simply awesome. I'm greatly looking forward to try a bunch of these other great blends as well.
Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9. L.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
You sir are a genius...I just use the little labels that came with the jars. Learn something new everyday!

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I see some of the new Balkan Sobranie! Very nice! I had a bowl of some of the old stuff, it was wonderful. I'd like to get a hold of some of the new stuff.

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
I never thought of using labels. I normally just used a sharpie. I like how that looks.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The labels from the large, round, flat tins -- like the Dunhills above -- will peel off nicely if you gently heat the underside of the lid to the point where the adhesive softens. Usually a hot air blower will do the trick.
Labels on the lids are more convenient for me, so I use art software to make my own.

HauntedLabel.jpg

Here's a link to a website with many labels. Sorry, I don't know who to credit with all the work.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
CorelDRAW Select Edition. Not the greatest, but it does the job.
After I print the label I cut it out and use Scotch double sided tape.
Craft stores, like, maybe Hobby Lobby, sell 2" diameter paper punches if you're too lazy to use scissors.

shortyeastcoast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2013
Whoa! I never thought of trying to properly label my jars.
You put my P-Touch labeled jars to shame! Nice work, sir.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
Thanks all. I am quite pleased with how they turned out. I did use a heat gun to get the Dunhill and Balkan labels off. It definitely would have been impossible without it. Those labels are stuck on there really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.