|Finally got my Pipe cabinet in the new apartment..

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Years ago I inherited this cabinet and matching dining room table from my grandparents after thier passing. I finally have a place large enough to accomodate both, and finally moved the cabinet in this morning. We're estimating they are both from the 50's.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Awesome looking cabinet and table, congrats. Glad to hear you are finally able to get some use out of it. I have my grandmothers dining room set and it is also quite old, probably from the 40's and it still looks great. There is something about using old family heirlooms that I really enjoy. Me and the kids eat every meal on the dining room table that I grew up eating on as a kid when I visited my fathers parents which was all the time. My kids understand that one of them will have to take the set and use it when I am gone. I figure it should not be a problem having 4 kids as one of them will want it and it is still great looking. Hopefully one day you too will pass these items to your kids to keep in the family for generation after generation.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Skapunk
There is something about the furniture made back then that will take moving over and over again, unlike some of our newer made furniture that is constructed of pressed phantom 'wood' that will warp and fall apart at the first attempt to move around.
Not to mention the sentiment of holding on to something of your older family members.
Use it in good health.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Nice cabinet!
All the drawers and do-hickies you'll ever need. That is, until you see that old tobacconist's display/storage case at the antique store next week... damn antique stores!
Diggin the microwave on the t.v. table. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.