PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
I would not necessarily say that I am anti technology I try to not use it as much as possible. Anyway my computer is about 10 years old now and my wife convinced me to get us a couple of tablets. So I bought the Samsung Galaxy tab S. This thing is freaking awesome. Just curious are you a Droid fan or Apple?

ovidsmuse

Lurker
Sep 12, 2012
I had an ASUS Transformer for years, and just got a Galaxy 10 Pro for work. It has made forum browsing while smoking outside a lot easier!

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I'm definitely an Android/Windows guy, but I won an iPad 2 in an online contest. I was a little perturbed with it since it wouldn't talk to my network without downloading paid apps. I would think a $600.00 tablet should be good for something right out the box other than connecting to iTunes.
I gave it to my wife. She seems to like it.

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
I'm an Apple fangirl all the way. Although I'm forced by employment to use a Win8 machine at work..

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
+1 Bob.
I have a Galaxy Tablet as well (couple years old now) but I enjoy it for leisurely use. I primarily use it for browsing and watching movies/shows while outside smoking. It's real nice watching a film late in the evening while sitting on the patio blowing smoke.

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Droid fan! I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition tablet and a Note 2 phone. I love them! I started out an Apple fan but have not looked back since I got my Samsung Note 2 phone.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
My wife and I are both Windows geeks (IT professionals in business environments for a living), but there have been some Apple products that we've enjoyed, most notably our iPods (both the old clickwheel version and the Touch versions). We're not as shot with the iPhones, though, and are planning to switch back to Android-based phones when our contract is up for renewal later this year.

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
I am an Apple computer fan and that's it for Apple. My tablet and 2 smartphones are Samsung.

Dec 24, 2012
Apple clearly makes the best computers. Every time I use a windows computer I feel like I am back in 1992.
And I do love my iPad.
However, I hated my iPhone. Back to the blackberry and wouldn't use anything else. It is the perfect phone, and has a physical keyboard (which I require) that is second to none.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I used a PC at work, and finally broke down and got and Apple for home. After that day, every time I went back to the office, I felt as if I were stepping back in time. Now that I'm retired, it's still Apple all the way. I have an Apple computer, and iPad mini, and an iPhone.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Windows for me ... just so happens to be a Toshiba Satellite as well!
My first one lasted so long, trouble free, that I bought a second one for my wife.
Shortly afterwards, mine had a CMOS failure and it was way beyond warranty.
However, I contacted Toshiba and they sent me a box, paid shipping both ways and repaired it for free!
Still in use to this day and I will buy another Toshiba when the time comes.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
I, too, recently got my first tablet, a Samsung Tab 4 10.1. Am still learning my way around it. Mostly plan to use it with a Garmin GLO & Pilot software. Have been a PC guy for a long time; just never found Apple to be business oriented (mouse/cursor isn't efficient for business data input), it doesn't have a good database manager (something I do in retirement), plus I disagree with their business model of closed architecture. Just doesn't sync with my free market capitalist views, plus their products are more costly than Android/Windows ones. I do like the iPod for music, however. Yeah, I still have a flip-phone. Of course I'm old school; I proudly fill my pipes with the touch method and use wooden matches.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Apple has Fanboi's and Fangirrl'z who defend their product choice by bad mouthing other products.
Windows, running on anything and everything, has users.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
truly wish I know why so many people to have problems with windows. 4 years ago when I retired we hae over 10K window PC's spread across 5 hospitals and very rarely had an actual 'windows' problem

Status
Not open for further replies.