PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Finally! :mrgreen: Well for the better part of this year I've been searching for one single pipe. A pipe so illusive, that even when photos popped up they were blurry and inconclusive! So while I've been searching for this pipe, Chasingembers has also been keeping an eye out, as I have also been keeping an eye out for a certain pipe for him.... which has also been so illusive that sightings have indeed been blurry and inconclusive. We began to think the pipes were a myth... a legend... We have become convinced, therefore, that maybe these pipes have been being taken by someone or something so illusive that photos tend to be, you guessed it, blurry and inconclusive. That's right. Bigfoot has been snagging our pipes up before we even had a chance to blink. I'm certain many of you have seen our posts referencing this big hairy brute.
Well I was out hunting as I have been doing every single day for hours and hours and hours on end... I heard a rustle in the brush... I stopped dead in my tracks... I heard something breathing... heavy deep breathing... a grunt or a growl. I turned slowly, raising my rifle... I could hear the blood pounding in my ears as my heart thumped and thumped and thumped ready to beat its way right out of my chest. There in the shadows of the heavy brush... hidden in the trees but close, so close... a roar. Suddenly leaves and branches exploded outward, stinging my eyes and scratching my face. I ducked and tried to shield my face from the onslaught of the eruption of branch and brush. Then I heard the heavy thuds of running feet. Something big and running fast! I heard a beastly roar! I raised my rifle! Just in time... a flash... smoke... the smell of gunpowder fills my nostrils... something heavy hits the earth.
Huntingtheapeman.jpg

Take that Bigfoot!!!! And clenched in his hand, there it was. That illusive pipe... The Peterson Rosslare Royal Irish 106 I had been hunting for so long. That darned squatch had it and he meant to see me dead before I would have it. But I won the day and the pipe! :mrgreen:
Pb9jRmj.jpg
[/url][/img]
4uvN4Ir.jpg
[/url][/img]
SOGZ6pf.jpg
[/url][/img]
ytsOh0M.jpg
[/url][/img]
It seems only fitting to crack open this tin of Maricoxi :mrgreen:
J15v43g.jpg
[/url][/img]
Chasingembers still hasn't been able to find his illusive Savinelli Verginia 904 so if anyone happens to come across one let him know. There may be another Bigfoot out there...

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks everyone! I haven't been this stoked over a pipe for a while. This one took a lot of searching before it finally popped up. And then I had to wait 11 days for it to get here from the U.K. The suspense was killing me.
But...but...it's not BLURRY!
I so almost took some blurry photos on purpose, but decided not to. :rofl: I should have done it!
That bottom view is pure art.
I'm a sucker for birdseye grain.
Congratulations man! Thats a great feeling, and right at the Holidays!
Timing couldn't be better :)

Jan 8, 2013
Congratulations...I guess this means that Big Foot used to be real.
There may be another hoarding the Savinelli Virginia 904 that Chasingembers is hunting. If so, we'll get that one too. But then, I've noticed the Peterson Grafton 106 is also very illusive....

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
They say the chase is better than the catch. Well now that you have it what are you going to do? I'm guessing you're going to smoke it and enjoy the heck out of it. Congrats on finding your pipe.
I think ChasingEmbers needs to change his name to Chasing Savinelli 904. :mrgreen:

Jan 8, 2013
They say the chase is better than the catch. Well now that you have it what are you going to do? I'm guessing you're going to smoke it and enjoy the heck out of it. Congrats on finding your pipe.
You're dang right! I'm enjoying the heck out of it right now! :mrgreen:

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
Awesome bit of luck. I see you turned Bigfoot's skin into the cover of your journal. Have you got his big toe on your key chain as well?
Did all of these particular pipes look this nice? Either way, good job on finding this beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.