PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

choppa

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2012
Maui
I have been smoking a pipe for more than 15 years and until today I had never smoked a corncob pipe 8O

Well I finally spent the $5 and got a Missouri Meerschaum...

Gotta say... I really like it! I smoked an aromatic blend I put together out of it and it seemed to give off an additional sweetness. I might have to get a few more.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
I would say "welcome to the club", but I'm waiting for my first cobs to arrive in the mail. :lol: I have to say, I have never heard anything bad about cobs.

whimsyt

Might Stick Around
May 22, 2012
Greater Boston
I haven't jumped on the cob bandwagon yet, but this thread makes me wanna give it a whirl.... :puffy:
Good for you! Which kind did you get? I've been looking at the smaller diplomat.....
And I do have Cool Hand Fluke and Storm Front on the way, so I really should get me a cob....

choppa

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2012
Maui
I gotta say... I'm plesantly surprised at how well it smokes, and the fact that I don't have to worry about damaging it is a big plus! I am a working owner of a construction company and caring for a nice briar all day is not really an option.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
The Country Gentleman is the best, I find; attractive dark finish with a sizable bowl.
Cobs are ideal for a work environment, but also for sampling or just carefree casual smoking.
It never hurts to have 5 or 10 cobs on hand! You'll never be left wanting for a good pipe...

friday

Might Stick Around
Aug 23, 2012
I must say, i have 2 cobs. Both MM diplomats, one straight, one bent, and i absolutely hate both of them. I have never had a good smoke out of either of them! Will never buy more! I know everyone else loves them! I just, for the life of me, can not figure out why!
Good luck to the other cobbers though!
this is of course IJMHO.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
I have four cobs that I use for sampling new blends. My legends seem to have burnt a little more than my others in the bowl.. Still very satisfied with them all, welcome to the club..

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
+1 nsfisher. I'd never smoke CH or SWR in anything other than a cob. I have, but it just tastes too good in cob.
:puffy:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I have a Legend and a Great Dane Egg. I love them both. Every smoker should at least try one. Most end up loving them and keeping a few in rotation.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Have 10 of them I keep smokin all the time.Couple I've been smokin now for 30 years...P.S. gettin me a SmokinDragon in the mix soon!!!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I will have to try one one of these days - I wished I had used one for my first pipe. Seems the logical choice for a beginner.

Aug 14, 2012
Like you, I got one recently. I hadn't smoked a cob in over 50 years. Very sweet smoke, especially good with Sunset Breeze. I have 3 of them now, with custom installed long shanks. Best smoke for the dollar.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
For those new to corncobs, you might benefit from my Primer and Buying Guide. Also, you should consider ordering from MM direct, 800-888-2109, so you can get a natural version, which are in limited quantity.
http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=The_Complete_Corncob_primer
http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Missouri_Meerschaum_Corncob_Buying_Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.