PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
While spending so much time hunting for the elusive Rosslare Royal Irish, I've also been watching this latest pipe get listed, relisted, relisted, and relisted again for quite some time. I think I decided I really wanted this pipe the second time it was relisted. But I'm stubborn as a mule, and I had my heart set on the RRI... I think I saw one for a moment, but it was blurry and inconclusive ;) I'll try and make a long story short here. I finally decided, that if I waited much longer this pipe would either be sold, simply not relisted again, or maybe Bigfoot would snatch it... he does that, ask Chasingembers if you don't believe me. It had been too long since I purchased a new pipe anyway, the last one being the L'Anatra olivewood, and I decided to pull the trigger on this one. A Peterson Dublin & London 106. I'm pretty stoked about this, one of Peterson's higher grade pipes, with a silver band, a stem that reminds me of creamer being poured into a cup of coffee, and what looks like some serious grain waiting to darken up and show off after a few smokes. I'm currently enjoying its first smoke with own Moonsmoke, and so far it's doing just fine :)
I have to say I'm not too happy with the photos. It's a much warmer looking pipe, and my phone camera sort of washes it out just a bit.
jF6Ygh2.jpg

JCve0nx.jpg

U2GGrPX.jpg

jnNpmis.jpg

It came with a Peterson pipe tool as well, which I'm kinda diggin :D
L93Ig8n.jpg

Well, I'm loving it so far. Happy smokes, everyone :puffpipe:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Takes a while to load, and the photos are fine.
If you're able to use diffused natural light you'll get a closer white balance, which affects the tone of the colors. There's way more to it than that, but hope that helps.
Avoiding flash, unless you really know how to do set that up, will keep those blown out highlights away, too.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That's a great looking Pete Anthony! Still going to have to up my Peterson collection. :mrgreen: Hmmm. Pics loaded as soon as I clicked on the thread.

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks guys!
If you're able to use diffused natural light you'll get a closer white balance, which affects the tone of the colors. There's way more to it than that, but hope that helps.
Avoiding flash, unless you really know how to do set that up, will keep those blown out highlights away, too.
My last phone, I could take some great photos with. This one... meh, not so much. I've not used it as much either though, so still trying to work out what does and doesn't work. Flash definitely didn't help the photos this time around.
Still going to have to up my Peterson collection.
Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it....... :mrgreen:
The stem is particularly attractive.
It's like creamer being mixed into coffee. I love it!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Anthony, that is one gorgeous Peterson and can see why you pulled the trigger, may it give you many fine memorable smokes. On the other hand that case you have it sitting on is off the charts dude, what inside an iPad perhaps, inquiring minds needs to know, cheers.

banjo

Jan 8, 2013
Your edited version looks much better than my photos, Banjo. Thanks :) The pipe is actually resting on a journal that was gifted to me last Christmas. Makes a cool backdrop, I think :)

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
That is a very beautiful pipe! Bet you get lots of enjoyment from that.
Also, that book cover is amazing as well. Did you make that or buy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.