Finally a Goblin owner. (4 good sized pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Fate and fast fingers availed me this morning and I finally landed one of Talbert's Goblin pipes. These were the pipes that first drew my attention to Mr. Talbert's work and I have longed for one ever since. I am giddy, about to celebrate with a bowl of Wessex dark flake and wait for it's arrival. I know sculptural pipes are not everyone's cup of tea but I simply could not be happier about this TAD. Here are a few photo's from the site, since I do not have it in hand yet. It's going to be a great Halloween this year!

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I'm more of a fan of the "classical" pipe shapes. However, having said that, if I were to see THIS pipe and had the means it would be mine. What an AWESOME pipe.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I got the email and immediately took a look. That was the pipe that caught my eye. If I was in the market to spend that kid of dough, I would have beat you to it as it was still for sale. Congrats on a unique piece of art, it is totally cool looking. I own only classic pipes but his Goblins are really unique. One day I will grab one.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Wonderful, I have one of Trevor's Ligne Bretagnia and a Morta Churchwarden but no Goblin yet, I'd have been on that had my budget not reached FY 2015 this week! Enjoy it.......

banjo

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I saw that as well, one of the more understated Goblins, which I liked. Enjoy, his customers seem to be immensely happy with his creations. Art you can use, I love it!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That has the most drama of any pipe I've seen. I'm not sure, if I owned it, I'd smoke it often, but it sure

has attitude and theatricality.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Great pipe! Be happy that I passed because it was available when I was looking at it within 15 seconds of Trever's post. But as I had just bought a Von Erck panel about the size of a small village, as well as a fabulous Japanese influenced bamboo freehand from J&J pipes, I reluctantly resisted the urge to buy this unique piece. What a beautiful pipe you have bought! The collector Ligne Bretagne pipes that he posted are also pretty sweet.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Congrats man! I remember you talking about the pipe in another thread. I like it a lot. :clap:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congrats Daimyo! The part of me which still plays D&D and gets all droopy when Comicon happens loves those pipes. I'm prioritizing my artisan pipe buys at the moment, but a piece of Trevor's work is definitely in my future!
Wonderful score, mate.
-- Pat

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
I hope you will enjoy it! I also hope you have big chunks of free time to smoke it in, because this is definitely not a 10 minute smoke :D This was a somewhat schizophrenic site update given that it had both classical shapes and Goblins, but that's how I like to work - I find that doing billiards and bulldogs and such is a nice way to "stay in shape", almost, a bit like regular exercise. I really do enjoy doing both classics and freehands, though the freehands always seem to get the most attention and fly off the site the fastest. Sometimes it can be a little frustrating when I'd like to make things like billiards and such, but most of the demand for Talberts is for exotic shapes.

#firstworldpipemakerproblems :wink:

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Thanks all and of course, thank you Trevor. I will make time to smoke this bad boy nice and slow. I already know I will be sitting out front Halloween night savoring a long bowl in costume while I hand out candy. Now if I can just find some Black Rider to load it with! :crying: :lol:

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Great looking pipe. I love the shape and it definitely gets the nice Goblin vibe to it.

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
I should give people discounts with these huge pipes if they can smoke an entire bowl of Gawith Black Rope in it and survive...

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Bah, forgive me for misspelling your name Trever. I know I've noted the spelling before but it must have slipped my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.