PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Been thinking about a Blakemar for quite some time. Chatted with our own simong who owns a dozen or more and he is quite pleased with them. I ordered this prince from their Litchbruyere line and I am quite pleased too! Things didn't start out too well though. I was so eager to break it in that I didn't dry out my baccy to my normal standard and the first smoke was a great big, wet mess. Uh oh, maybe I got a lemon? The second bowl only produced one gurgle and since then it's been smooth,dry sailing. With the Pound Sterling taking a beating, this pipe came to my door under $100, making it a great value in my opinion.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I like that one. I've yet to own one, but one of these days........... Like you said, with the Pound Sterling what it is.........

Enjoy it, its a Beauty!!......... :puffy:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've been looking at Blakemar for a few years. I like their bulldog and large Zulu. You're right about the pound being at a good point. How did you order? Online or telephone?

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
How did you order? Online or telephone?

I ordered online, very easy. They had it in the mail the next day. It was between the prince or the large pot, but I've always wanted to add a prince to my cabinet.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
That's a great looking Prince. I saw their large Pots but those things are outside my weight range. They did have a couple that I really liked though.

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
I have 38 Blakemar briars in my unsmoked stock and about 40 in use.

Michael Billington is a gentleman and one of the few English makers left.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Nice looking prince trout face!

Hope it smokes as well for you as mine do for me.

Best regards, Simon.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Thanks for your input Simon. I've seen the odd post here and there about Blakemar, but your positive experience with that many pipes pushed me to finally order one.

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
The UK Pipe and Tobacco Club use Mike for their annual club pipe and every one I've had has been fantastic. For the care and attention that goes into them, I'm not sure there's better bang for buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.